WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

deannatroupe
02-18-2011, 01:27 AM
I've got a ton of clothes that my baby has outgrown. I want to sell them on ebay. Is it better to sell them individually or do small lots?

Rona
02-18-2011, 02:38 AM
Hi
I would sell them in small lots. You will probably a bit more money that way and will save you lots of time. Less pics and shipping.
Best wishes
Rona

khakigirl
02-18-2011, 02:40 PM
I believe you should sell them separately. This is because when you put things in lots, sometimes people will not want one of the items or will really want just one of the items. I've sold plus size women's clothing in the past and lots just don't work well, especially if you get into the mixing sizes territory.

Whichever way you go, make sure you take good pictures, write good descriptions (size information is VITAL) and write great titles. Use First Class mail whenever possible because it's CHEAP and fast. Get a postage scale and make sure you weigh everything you're selling and use calculated shipping and add a handling fee (I use 50 cents as my handling fee) for packaging costs, gas, etc.

deannatroupe
02-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the input. I think I will wind up selling the items separately even though I can already tell that that will be a pain. It looks like I will be taking pictures for days...

AmySol
02-20-2011, 03:58 PM
I am a gold ebay powerseller. I used to rake in over $6,000 a month. You will do best with small lots. Like 3 pieces or so, 2 or 4...you know, smaller lots.

deannatroupe
02-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Can we link to our auctions in this section of the forum?

KariC
02-21-2011, 05:59 AM
I have been buying and selling baby and kids clothes on ebay for 9 years. I think small lots of related clothes work best...two or three pairs of pants or jeans...a couple of pair of pjs and that sort of thing...an outfit khaki pants and a nice polo...but for items that are a little bit higher priced like nice name brand jackets or raincoats sell them separately. Stay seasonal. Its hard to sell a snow suit in May or a bathing suit in January. Also keep sizes together and if there is some variation in the size mention it...we all know not all brands sizing is the same. I would never list anything that is stained, torn or frayed.

markarthur
01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I would offer them in little a lot. You will probably a bit more economical responsibility that way and will sustain you time. Less pictures and distribution.

GAjewel
01-15-2012, 08:22 PM
When I sell my children's clothing on eBay, I always try to do smaller lots in similar sizes (and the same season). That seems to help me sell things quicker. Doing them individually takes more time and more insertion fees.

Charity

momtoaboy
01-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Selling baby clothes in small lots usually gets you more money than selling clothes separately.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1