WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : We are GLUTEN FREE

cindi8d
02-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Candy just confirmed the other day on our call that all our products are GLUTEN FREE. I had no idea and no one else on the call knew either...so I'm passing it on.

Yay!

Thanks, Candy :D

cindi

AprioriCandy
02-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Hi, Cindi,

I also learned something about Vitamin A which is in sunscreens and many antiaging products.

Vitamin A and its by-products such as retinyl palmitate have been found to actually speed up the incident of skin cancer.

ALL of Apriori Beauty's Products are Vitamin A Free!!

Hooray!
XO Candy

cindi8d
02-18-2011, 08:40 AM
That's really interesting. I hear the word "vitamin" and I hear the words "good for you."
I'd love to read some of the research behind that! Would you mind sharing?

Thanks for all your wealth of knowledge!

cindi

AprioriCandy
02-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi, Cindi!

Thanks for asking - I dug a little deeper this morning and found conflicting reports! The Environmental Working Group says Vitamin A may speed skin cancer growth, and the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatologists says it is not carcinogenic.

I'm going to visit my Dermtologist today, and will ask him what he thinks.
Am I allowed to place links in a response? I would be happy to link to the articles I found.

Thanks,
Candy

AprioriCandy
02-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Cindi,

I had a great discussion with my dermatologist!

My personal Dermatologist understands and appreciates the Environmental Working Group's concerns regarding Vitamin A in skin care products and sunscreen in particular.

He feels that there is not enough research or current evidence to conclude the connection between Vitamin A and acceleration of skin cancers. He is looking forward to further research to look into the possibility of a connection, but did not feel that avoidance of Vitamin A is necessary at this time.

Vitamin A is also known as retinyl palmitate.

Thanks for the opportunity to take a closer look at a commonly used ingredient!
Candy

cindi8d
02-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Super helpful! Thanks :)

And yes, you can always post links...as long as they aren't personal promos.

cindi :)

AprioriCandy
02-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks, Cindi!

Here's the link to the Environmental Working Group's Information:
New FDA data: Sunscreen additive may speed skin damage | EWG's 2010 Sunscreen Guide (http://www.ewg.org/2010sunscreen/full-report/new-fda-study-sunscreen-additive-may-speed-cancer-growth/)

A Skin Cancer Prevention Blog that I like to read:
Sunscreen Cancer Dangers Refuted | SunAWARE (http://www.sunaware.org/2010/08/13/sunscreen-cancer-dangers-refuted/)

Information from the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology:
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/726868

I'm glad Apriori Beauty does not have Vitamin A in our Skin Care Products - we don't
have to worry one way or the other!

XO Candy

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1