WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : wholesale question/dropshipping

leahjstan
04-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Okay a newbie here! So some of my questions may seem simple to those of you who are more experienced- I am wanting to have couple of websites for different niches- childrens clothing- scrapbooking-etc.

not sure I understand process so hoping someone can clarify a few things for me-

1. dropshipping- understand the process- they get the money they then ship directly to customer for you! but say you have couple of different companies products on your site- how does that then work?

2. basic wholesale- have seen some sites that offer wholesale to buyers for retail- I am assuming that you must first buy their product then you will have inventory to sell? are there any out there that are set up to do the shipping for you?

any and all other suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated...

smileys/smiley4.gif

flutterz
04-23-2006, 11:55 PM
1. dropshipping- understand the process- they get the money they then ship directly to customer for you! but say you have couple of different companies products on your site- how does that then work?

Then you would have to either have the productshipped to you andthen you ship everything all together, orthe customer will get multiple shipments.

I would suggest you find a company thatoffers all the products youwould like to carry. That way you can ensure one shipment. Or you can stock the product yourself and ship.

2. basic wholesale- have seen some sites that offer wholesale to buyers for retail- I am assuming that you must first buy their product then you will have inventory to sell? are there any out there that are set up to do the shipping for you?

I'm not sure I understand this question. Are you saying how do people wholesale to the public? If so, you would have to buy in large bulk quantities in order to get a cheaper than wholesale price then mark it up to wholesale for the public. The cheaper you get the product the higher them markup.

Are you asking if the same company you buy from will drop ship to your customer? Yes. There is a company called world of products that does this.

Do you have a particular product in mind?

leahjstan
04-24-2006, 05:57 AM

Then you would have to either have the productshipped to you andthen you ship everything all together, orthe customer will get multiple shipments.

I would suggest you find a company thatoffers all the products youwould like to carry. That way you can ensure one shipment. Or you can stock the product yourself and ship.

I'm not sure I understand this question. Are you saying how do people wholesale to the public? If so, you would have to buy in large bulk quantities in order to get a cheaper than wholesale price then mark it up to wholesale for the public. The cheaper you get the product the higher them markup.

Are you asking if the same company you buy from will drop ship to your customer? Yes. There is a company called world of products that does this.

Do you have a particular product in mind?

on this one - figured it out! one of the companies was looking at on their site only had info for wholesale with xx amount you had to buy - when I contacted them they do offer dropshipping for wholesalers- I dont want to have to carry any inventory so was trying to find out how to do it -

and yes have couple of products- will have one site for upscale baby-toddler clothing- mostly handmade and unique items and the other site scrapbooking-

so if you know anyone who has great scrapbooking stuff please either pm me or post - havent really found a perfect match on that one!

flutterz
04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
I mentioned before in a different thread that you need certain things in order to buy wholesale which I'm sure you have (business license, resale permit etc).

I sell scrapbook supplies. I have 6 vendors I work with. The minimum order opening for my companies are at least $150.00 and up.

Are you looking to order that much? If so, pm me and I can probably help you depending on the type of stuff you want to sell.

Alot of people don't like to share that kind of info when they are in the same field because of competition.

Bella4184
05-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Jumping in here...

How do you get a business license and a resale permit??

flutterz
05-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Check with your city hall or county to find out about the business license and permit. Our permit (in CA) goes through the board of equalization. The license went through my city and it was free because I hadn't started selling yet in my city.

So that is where you can start to find out where to get them. The resale permit was free for me as well. But pricing may vary depending on your locale.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1