WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Ideas needed!

KristinaD
02-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi all! I have a party scheduled with a thiry one consultant in a couple weeks and wanted your feedback/experience. Have you done joint parties before and how did you set up and run the party? The host has called it "Mixes & Monograms" which I think is super cute! Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks in advance fellow consultants!

TastefullyMI
02-13-2011, 06:43 AM
I have, Kristina. The most important thing is to get with the other consultant head of time so you guys are operating with matched expectations. Then one of you relay that to the host so all three of you are "on the same page."

I typically like to have each of us do a 1/2 hour presentation. I normally have the other consulant go first while I prep in the kitchen. I serve the Party Food Kit (that's all you can easily fit in a 1/2 hour) so I'm doing a "mini party" so to speak.

It works out very well when I do take on one of these "shared parties." They are not the same as doing a full-blown tasting but if I have an open night and am asked, I would never not take the opportunity.

I cannot stress enough how important it is that the 3 of you communicate beforehand. The lack of working together ahead of time can lead to a lot of problems come party time. Trust me, I learned the "hard way." ;)

Enjoy!!

KristinaD
02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks so much for the advice...I will definitely keep in touch with the 31 consultant and keep communications up to date! :) How do you go about asking for bookings when there is another DS rep there (who also wants bookings, I'm sure). I was with the hostess tonight at our Lifegroup and she was sharing info about the party and everyone immediately started talking about TS, which I thought was awesome! So, I'm hoping even though its a joint party...it will be a good one! :)
Thanks again!!!!!!

TastefullyMI
02-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Kristina - Just sprinkle it like you would at a normal party. That's why a clear 1/2 hour each where you can do, say, sell what you want is what I prefer. Wishing you all the best!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1