WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How is business?

giftbasketmum
02-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi Ladies,
I am from Canada, and just joined a wonderful company that offers the same concept here in my province. I am SO excited to get started!:D
We are not mlm, but you are rewarded for sharing the business with others who are interested.
I would love to hear what you love best about being a gift basket consultant, and what you do to bring exposure to your business. How do you sell to companies? Do you drop off brochures, show them your products by setting up appointments?

Have any of you been in it long enough to benefit from "repeat" business, and if so, do you offer incentives to repeat customers?

I think this idea of being a gift basket consultant is awesome, and a wonderful way to help people with their gift giving needs!
Blessings,
Deb

Look forward to hearing from you!

giftbasketmum
02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Thank-you Julie!

I wish you all the best with your basket business too! How exciting!
It sounds like you have a plan, and I hope to keep in touch with you here on the board to hear how things are going as time goes on! The Corporate plan will draw big business, so I really hope you get a lot of interest when you do that.

As you go along and you try different things, please feel free to share them, I love to learn as I go!
Take care, and thanks for your feedback Julie!
Blessings,
Deb

AngelaSam
02-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi Deb,

So glad you have a similar gift basket business in Canada. I had several Canadians inquire about LBB, but unfortunately we can only have USA consultants. It's a payroll issue...

I love my LBB business. The company provides outstanding support,training and beautiful products.

We have Corporate/Business Memberships which can be marketed online and/or offline. Many send postcards, follow up with a phone call and then a drop by the business.

Best of luck to you with your Gift Basket business!

Angela

giftbasketmum
02-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Hi Angela!

Your country has SO many amazing opportunities! If we had 1/4 the amount of opportunities that you have there, I would be in "home business heaven"!!! lol
Although you may see many "Canadian owned" businesses online, they don't offer the opportunity to other Canadians to join as consultants/reps etc. They are for the most part all "direct order."

I know whenever a new U.S. direct sales company comes into Canada, our Western provinces take a HUGE interest in anything new and it just takes off. It's unbelievable! Kudos to them!!!

I'm so glad you are loving your gift basket business! It truly is an amazing concept!
I think it's an amazing idea to send post cards, follow-up with a call, and then drop in.

I think developing a relationship with people and businesses is where you are going to stand out above the rest. That's not to say online contact isn't going to be successful too, but when you meet people in person or talk to them personally or over the phone, I truly think that makes a big difference. Businesses are so use to receiving so much information from people wanting them to do business with them, that if you offer that personal touch and something they can benefit from, they will want to listen. Putting yourself in front of them in person, by phone, or via online more than once will help them to remember you, and know that you are truly interested in doing business with them.

Thanks for the ideas Angela!

Have a wonderful day, and I wish you much success with your business!
Deb