WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Do you "ticket activity" or not?

TastefullyMI
02-09-2011, 10:53 AM
I do. I do a "lightening round" so to speak fielding questions for tickets for a minute or two. How about you?

LynnAndreske
02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I love 20 questions as part of my PURSE GAME presentation!

It is a great way to get info out there on our products, and generate interest on business, promotions
and ME! After all, we are all about building relationships!

KristinaD
02-10-2011, 06:28 PM
What is the purse game? Not sure that I've heard of it!

LynnAndreske
02-11-2011, 05:13 AM
You ask all guests to bring their purses stuffed with STUFF! You have it on the invites.
It's also a great way to have your hostess do those last minute calls to remind guests of her event...because she has to remind them to bring those purses!!

You make a list of about 8 letters...
Each letter represents the start of the word you want to convey info about..
You tell the guests as you call out a letter they must find something in their purse that starts with that letter. The first one/two who find something get a ticket.
And Then I let them know I no longer use the Letter U cos, one time a 80 year old lady pulled out a pair of Undies (seriously!!) cos her mom always told her to have a clean pair along! That relaxes them and gets a chuckle.
You will also show them or tell them what the prize is..and you want it to be something they WANT!!!

I also have the mini purses found online and hold one of those up that I give with their prize. THEY LOVE THEM.

You want them to get excited to dig, and ask later.

Such as
T is for THANK YOU to our Hostess for inviting all of you to come today!

H is for our HOSTESS benefits/program.....

V is for value or variety

E is for how EASY it is to use our products

You expand a little, of course, on each letter.

When I have just one letter left, I use a letter that is like HELP, BUSINESS, OPPORTUNITY..whatever you want to lead into your I STORY and then you say you want everyone to have more chances to win the XXX prize..and you also want to share a bit about TS so when they ask any question about your business, about the products, about how you earn, or what you earn or what it takes to get started, they will get a ticket. Let them know you want to share because they may know someone who needs a little extra CASH, or needs something to do, or needs a change!
Then you have a nice long sting of tickets and let them ask Q's. If I see someone needs a ticket, I will go stage whisper to her..maybe you should ask me.. (and I give her a Q to ask about something I still want to share on) They always laugh at that.

My last letter is P for how to pay... cash, check, debit or credit... or any combination.
Some Reps I know also mention the Husband Unawareness payment. Pay me, but record it as Wmart!
I don't but some do.

HTH =)

TastefullyMI
02-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Thanks so much for sharing what you do! I think it's cool to see what folks in other party plans do at their shows.

Love that we can post ideas on each other's boards! :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1