WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Joining this month, but....

monkeysmamma
01-31-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm worried about getting shows booked. I've been posting to FB and other online places, sending emails, printed out coupons that I'm handing out in a couple of days as a conversation starter and incentive, but no responses from the online stuff yet, other than a promise of a catalog show.

I don't know anyone in the area since I'm not from here and don't work outside of the home, and don't have family here. I'm planning on finding some groups or some type of activities to get involved with outside of the home and will be starting something new at church this month. Other than that, what do you suggest to get business rolling and get some new clientele?

I've done other d.s. before, with not much luck, but am DETERMINED to make the most of this since I'm really passionate about it (I've fallen in love with Scentsy!) and want more than almost anything to finally be successful, so any and all advice is more than greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

huskerme
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Just keep doing what you are doing!!! It's hard sometimes when you don't know anyone..but keep your head up! Since you just joined, it's just a matter of getting your name out there!
Ask around to some of the businesses and see if you can leave a warmer on display for a few days, and leave your business card with it!
Donate to some silent auctions, have a fundraiser!
Get with your sponsor and see if she can lend you some help!
There is a great list somewhere on the forums that is called 101 ways to book parties or something similiar to that! It's been a great help for me..I will try to see if I can find it!
I live, eat and breathe Scentsy--it's so much fun. Just like any other business it's a challenge to get it off the ground sometime! Keep working at it and it will come!

Welcome to Scentsy and let me know if you need any help!

monkeysmamma
02-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Thank you so much! Great ideas and I sure hope you find that list! I'd love to see it! I'm also trying to find the people that hold vendor events in the area so I can jump on there way ahead of time. Forgot to mention that earlier.

I love the idea of leaving a warmer somewhere with my biz card! I'm not new to direct sales, but new to Scentsy, so I'm sure there's tons of ideas that I would never have thought of. Greatly appreciated!

I'm very excited that I found someone local to sponsor me and she's amazing. She has trainings and her upline has trainings as well, so that will be great for me to have people face-to-face to help me and motivate me as well. I never had that before.

I think this will truly be a blessing in my life. Glad to meet everyone here too, as I'm sure you'll be great inspiration to me as well, and I hope I can return the favor!

samcleod
02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
If you are trying to start something at Church, a great way would be to see if the Ladies Auxillary would like to have a mystery host party. Draw a name at the end for someone to win the host rewards.

Stop by your doctor's office, bank, etc. If you don't usually go in ( I don't with 3 kids) I send a business card through the tube and I also leave one after I get my receipt for the person behind me.

I will pay it forward and buy the person behind me's meal at a fast food restaurant and I will leave a business card. One lady I did that for had had a bad day, she called me later and thanked me. She ended up hosting a party that made me more in commission than her meal cost.

huskerme
02-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Ok, I thought I saved it, but I must have just printed it off! But if you go to the forums and search for 101 ways...it should find it for you!
Sorry, I looked on both my laptop and my desktop--couldn't find it!
Hope this helps!

bobokoko
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I am brand new...haven't even gotten my starter kit yet. Question though, you said that you are printing off coupons. What kind of coupons are you printing off and where are you getting them from? Are they are the Scentsy site or something that you have created on your own?

Louisea750
03-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Go to your workstation and look under resources,you will find all kinds of templates and flyers you can print out and use! Hope that helps!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1