WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What would you do?

kelfr25
01-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Ok... here's my issue. I bartered for advertising. I traded a full-size system for a "lifetime" spot on a website. I sent the system and compliance took forever to approve my ad. So I go check the website and she has given MY spot to someone else.
I have all of the emails between us, and have sent another one requesting that she either give me my ad as promised or make payment for the system. I am planning on sending a certified letter as well, and making a complaint to the better business bureau.
Is there anything else I can do? It's not a huge amount of money, but it is for me right now, as things are really tight since I've been out of work.

Amherst
01-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Ok the person answered to your request?
If not ,will be fine to complaint with BBB as you posted.
As for advertizment I would just deal with sites that are very well known.
When you going to advertize ask for their site Ranking or PR if is less than 3
their trafic may not be much worthed.
Also ask if they use autoviewers, or autohits, using these softwares can fake the traffic giving them a
fake pr.
The best thing to do is a Link exchange because there is not need for you to pay, only put a link
in each other website.
Just google: "Link exchange program" and you will be able to find these programs to join usually are free
to sign up.
Just keep going with your complaint if the person just hide behind the PC and get what its yours.

LAscents
02-01-2011, 08:20 AM
It's unfortunate that happened. Seems integrity in business is optional for some. At this point I would write it off as a business expense and put it in the lessons learned column. Focus your energies moving forward and sharing Scentsy with new people or resurrect some former customers.

Kelly Harvey
02-01-2011, 10:06 AM
well- you should at least get the money for your system! If its too much of a battle Laurie is right- it is a write off for your business.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1