WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Question?

huskerme
01-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I just recently started selling Scentsy back in December and I can't believe how great it is doing for me:D--I LOVE IT!
However, now I am looking at doing some other business ventures with it. I have been noticing that some of you have 3 or 4 other businesses besides Scentsy--so here is my question(s):

1. What other kinds of businesses do you do?
2. Do you promote them seperately as I know some companies by their P&P's won't let you advertise with others?
3. Do you have different websites/

Just looking for some advice! Thanks!

kelfr25
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
2. Do you promote them seperately as I know some companies by their P&P's won't let you advertise with others?

I don't have anything else going right now, but I'm looking at doing some soaps and stuff with my mom later on. To answer #2, though, we can't promote anything else with Scentsy. It has to be independent of anything else. We can do other stuff as long as it's not a conflict of interests (like Gold Canyon or Partylite), just can't have anything else on the business cards or at a Scentsy booth.

huskerme
01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks for your reply! I figured that was the case, which is fine. Do you happen to know if you could put it on your website. I am thinking about a gift basket business. I don't want to do anything that would jeopardize my Scentsy business!

kelfr25
01-11-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't think so, but I'm not sure. You might ask compliance.

Autumn's Mom
01-12-2011, 06:26 PM
You can take part in any other company so long as it is not a competing line, meaning candles, warmers etc.

You CAN NOT promote them together, online, offline, vendor shows or at home parties.

If you were to have a hostess who wanted both product lines than you would need to schedule them for two different times and your Scentsy display would need to be put away. The same goes for vendor shows, you can not have another product line displayed in the same booth as your Scentsy.

YES you would need different website, not only for compliance but I would like for your customers.

Hope this helps.

I just recently started selling Scentsy back in December and I can't believe how great it is doing for me:D--I LOVE IT!
However, now I am looking at doing some other business ventures with it. I have been noticing that some of you have 3 or 4 other businesses besides Scentsy--so here is my question(s):

1. What other kinds of businesses do you do?
3. Do you have different websites/

Just looking for some advice! Thanks!

Melissa C
01-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I have two other businesses besides just starting up Scentsy.
My Full-time biz is a day care provider. I run my own day care out of my home. That is my main income. My 2nd biz is making girls hair bows & accessories. I pay for my daughters' pageants and pageant clothes/photo shoots from that. I am hoping to raise vacatioing $$ from Scentsy! My businesses are not conflicting, and I never advertise any of them together.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1