WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I forgot how hard it is

Amy Jacobs
01-02-2011, 10:53 AM
to shake this extra baby weight! YES Its only been 5 weeks (lol) but feel like FOREVER! I have been exercising since week 1 postpartum and yes a healthy diet that goes with it. The weight is just not coming off as fast as I would like it to.

I know it took 10 months to get is on it will take the same to get it all off (lol this is what everyone keeps telling me)

Okay had to vent!

Have a great day ladies!

~Amy

JesterJoker
01-08-2011, 10:29 PM
healthy workout regime and it will come off...
eat right.. and stay healthy.

Amy Jacobs
01-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks! I agree I will continue daily workouts and making healthy eating choices! It will eventually come off (lol)

ParentingCoachLisa
02-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Needs a lot patient when losing weight. Just keep on doing what you really wanted to do in order to achieve you ideal weight as long as it doesn't compromise your health and your time with your baby.

Faith75
02-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Hello,

While I was pregnant I was diagnosed with sugar. They told me either I had to take medicine or watch what I ate. I lost over 20 pounds in my pregnancy by eating right. I had to eat very small meals but 6 a day. After I gave birth I continued to eat this way. So try 3 small meals a day and 3 snacks. You will see results in two weeks. I was still able to eat what I wanted but smaller portions was the key. I also stayed away from junk food. My normal size was 14 and now I am a size 8. I had my son a year ago.

Good Luck

Faith

Amy Jacobs
02-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the tips! I am still 15lbs from where I was before I got pregnant. So far since having the baby 10 weeks ago I have lost 50lbs. Now its slowing I am averaging a lb or 2 a week. Its a slow process.... like anything consistency and LOTS of patience :)

infoman66
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
It is nice you say it takes 10 months to return to normal weights.
It is a natural process and not only related to diet. Going through the hormonal changes that can not disappear overnight.
So be patient and disciplined.
Enjoy motherhood and the results will not fail.

Amy Jacobs
02-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks :) today my Lillie is 12 weeks :) I am down 52 lbs from when I had her. I have only 10 more to go to be back to pre pregnancy weight (WOOHOOOOO) I know these will be the toughest ones to get off. I am sooooooooooo determined so they have no choice but to come off (lol!)