WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Freedom4Me2008
01-02-2011, 07:22 AM
I am considering Scentsy. I am a little concerned about the number of consultants; however, have read the threads about saturation - so I am a little more comfortable there. The one answer I have not been able to get and/or find is party average. It doesn't appear to be an official company release of this information - but I would love to know some of your party averages.

I also work full-time and have younger children. Is there any thoughts on how to make this work. I see a number of you have product sent to you for delivery - and I just don't know that I have the time for that....just trying to figure out if I can make this work and maintain some life balance.

Thanks!

kelfr25
01-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi! I'm sending you a PM.
I am so glad I started with Scentsy. It's a great opportunity, and you can work it as much or as little as you want.
Have a great weekend!

LeighM
01-02-2011, 02:12 PM
HI!! I just started in Dec and I know there is a gal a couple streets over from me that sells but we run in different circles. I promoted up to the first level on friday and a lot of who I sold to had never heard of it or didn't know anyone that sold.

I have three kids and 3 are in school so I do have a bit more freedom but my biggest customer pool is their school and my church.

Ask lots of questions! This is my 4th DS company and I love direct sales, I love supporting other direct sales gals. They are basically all the same, do your homework, go with a supportive team and upline, read, read, read!

Good luck!!
Leigh
www.leighmoore.scentsy.us

christyvw2004
01-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Party Average?? I think that is a hard number to pin point. Partially depending on your hostess, the season (holidays I think things tend to be higher), and the circle of quests. I usually strive for $400 (that way the hostess gets 15% and 3 half off items) but sometimes its only around $200 but just as many times it is between $7-800.
As to working full time with children--you can have the orders directly shipped to the hostess...that way she sorts everything out. The reason I think alot of us have it shipped to ourselves -- is so we not only pkg things up and check for mistakes or damage--- is to label things and include literature so that our customers will have something with our names on it. So you can do either. Good luck in your venture.

LAscents
01-02-2011, 07:12 PM
It really varies by geographic location. Some average guest checks are between $45-$70, though in other regions it may be lower. Average party is hard to pin point as there are so many variables and so many alternatives to traditional home parties.

Working fulltime also gives you the option of being out and about and meeting potential customers, hosts and recruits. You have the option to have orders direct shipped, shipped to the host or shipped to you.

One of the many great things about Scentsy is there are so many options available to meet individual needs.

Autumn's Mom
01-06-2011, 07:38 PM
That is a hard question to answer specifically. Party averages depend greatly on location, time of the year and the enthusiasm of the hostess.

If I were to take my average month not counting the holidays, just an average time of the year October. My average party sales were $450. I have had home parties as low as $150 and as high as $1000, basket parties as low as $150 and as high as $890 so it depends.

Working full time can benefit your party sales and repeat customers as well as booking shows. Most think that working full time makes this business harder than being home all day.I disagree completely, you are in contact with more people in a day, more opportunity to share the products and express your excitement.

You can work this businesss in as much or as little as you want. Set yourself a goal for each month by taking your calendar and blocking out all the days you CAN NOT work, this will give you a great idea as to the time you have left to devote to your business. You can determine with the time left how much time you can devote to home parties, deliveries, training etc.

Hope this helps.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1