WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Diona
12-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Hi all!
I'm new to WAHM and need some help. I really want to get pregnant but want to be wise and get insurance first. Don't qualify for Medi-Cal and have been searching for other options. If any one has any advice that would be great!!!

Thank you!
Dee

TheSpaQueen
12-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Dee,
Every state is different and insurance products and requirements change at least yearly. Contact an independent insurance agent in your area. It won't cost you anything and she will have all the current information and will be able to tell you what you qualify for and how much it will cost.
~~Holly, The Spa Queen!

GrajedaFamily
02-08-2011, 08:00 AM
If you are in California there are a lot of clinics, low cost clicnics that go by what you earn.

Insurance is very expensive. There a re discount cards too, sometimes you can save more on discount cards than insurance when you have a dedutable.

Working in the pharmacy I saw alot of people use discount cards over thier insurance because insurance charges more than the actual cost.

An example the prescription you want costs $30 without insurance. With a discount card you save anywhere from 10-40%.

The insurance coampny can either chrae you around $25 or $20, sometimes you pay the entire price on insurance($30) because you have a deductible, it just depends on what you have for cash that week!

Best of luck!