WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Social Media?

TastefullyMI
12-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Do you use social media to market yourself and your business? I'm doing a class on this very topic at my next Success Event. Actually it will focus on just Facebook for my January meeting but I wondered how many of you are on FB and do you have a "fan page" or "client page?"

TastefullyMI
12-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Oh and I think I'm "friends" with at least a couple of you here on WAHM! :)

ofccat
12-27-2010, 01:06 PM
I have a FB page.

TastefullyMI
12-28-2010, 03:23 AM
Catrina - Is it a personal one or one you use for your business?

milifestyle
12-28-2010, 03:35 AM
I use Facebook personally and drip feed information about my Business periodically. My Business is a Part of who i am so sharing that side of my life on a social network is a logical inclusion for me.

I know people who have a separate business page or account and i think that works well too.

BeckiBChocolatier
12-28-2010, 06:38 AM
I have a FB business page and a personal page. I don't remember how I set it up, but my business page status updates repost on my Twitter, and then on my personal page too.

TastefullyMI
12-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey Becki!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas. :) Happy New Year!

gkoinski
12-29-2010, 07:38 AM
I use Facebook personally and drip feed information about my Business periodically. My Business is a Part of who i am so sharing that side of my life on a social network is a logical inclusion for me.

I know people who have a separate business page or account and i think that works well too.

I do the same, but have been considering a 'business' page. 2011 will be huge, so I'm leaning towards building a page just for my business. :cool:

sanlab76
12-29-2010, 09:34 AM
How do you set up a business page? I'd be interested in doing this for TS and to promote gold parties that I do too!

KristinaD
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
I have a FB page for personal use and I created a group for my Tastefully Simple business and invited all my friends....I post things on the group page and also put it in my personal FB page status linked to the group so friends can see (and join). The group doesn't allow me to put the advertisements from HQ on there, so I just put them on my personal page! :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1