WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : More questions

hkeat05
12-20-2010, 11:32 AM
I posted these questions on my other thread but thought I may be able to get quicker responses if I make a new thread. Plus I came up with some more questions. :)

1. I'm trying to figure out a good date for my launch party. I want to start as soon as possible and have it in January, but am afraid to start too early in the month since most people are recovering from the holidays, but I don't want to push it too close to the end of the month since that would only give me one month with the new catalog before I'd have to buy new samples for the spring/summer catalog. Suggestions on a start date??

2. How expensive are the samples for the new catalogs when they come out? I'm new to Scentsy so I don't know how many scents change come the new catalog.

3. How much is it to get a subscription for the scent of the month? I just want to start out by getting the scent each month but not the warmer.

4. I know you can purchase the scent of the month off the website past the month it comes out but wasn't sure how long you can do that for. When I start having parties I want to include the scent of the months for as long as I can but didn't know for how long that was.

5. How do you include the warmers off the website that aren't in the catalogs into your parties? Not everyone is going to like the ones in the catalog or may like having one off the website even more.

6. Basket parties - How successful are you with them? Have you ever had a problem getting them back? What do you do when someone in a different state wants to have one?

I think thats all for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more. Thanks ahead of time for all your help ladies!!! I cannot wait to be a part of this amazing company!!

christyvw2004
12-20-2010, 02:55 PM
I posted these questions on my other thread but thought I may be able to get quicker responses if I make a new thread. Plus I came up with some more questions. :)

1. I'm trying to figure out a good date for my launch party. I want to start as soon as possible and have it in January, but am afraid to start too early in the month since most people are recovering from the holidays, but I don't want to push it too close to the end of the month since that would only give me one month with the new catalog before I'd have to buy new samples for the spring/summer catalog. Suggestions on a start date?? If you are planning on having your starter kit prior to hosting I would give yourself a good 10 days from once you sign up--so go with around the 15th. If you are doing it with your sponsor--be sure its a date that works for her.

2. How expensive are the samples for the new catalogs when they come out? I'm new to Scentsy so I don't know how many scents change come the new catalog. It depends on how many new scents they come out with--and also if you decide to use the larger party testers or the mini testers. Scentsy will also be introducing a "new" size for the party tester in January and we dont know the cost yet. I think you could get by as little as $25.

3. How much is it to get a subscription for the scent of the month? I just want to start out by getting the scent each month but not the warmer. In the US I think just for the scent it is $35.

4. I know you can purchase the scent of the month off the website past the month it comes out but wasn't sure how long you can do that for. When I start having parties I want to include the scent of the months for as long as I can but didn't know for how long that was. Here again it depends on if Scentsy incorporates it into our new catalog-last catalog they didn't bring in 3 of the monthly scents, the previous catalog they kept all the monthly scents.

5. How do you include the warmers off the website that aren't in the catalogs into your parties? Not everyone is going to like the ones in the catalog or may like having one off the website even more. I would say if they can't find one in the catalog that they like they could check it out online. We have so many different ones to offer I wouln't worry about this.

6. Basket parties - How successful are you with them? Have you ever had a problem getting them back? What do you do when someone in a different state wants to have one? I havent did enough of them to help you here.

I think thats all for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more. Thanks ahead of time for all your help ladies!!! I cannot wait to be a part of this amazing company!!

Hope this helps some--good luck in your new venture.

NoWickChilly
12-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Hkeat05,
Christy did a great job answering your questions - I thought I would comment on a few other things.....

1. I'm trying to figure out a good date for my launch party. I want to start as soon as possible and have it in January, but am afraid to start too early in the month since most people are recovering from the holidays, but I don't want to push it too close to the end of the month since that would only give me one month with the new catalog before I'd have to buy new samples for the spring/summer catalog. Suggestions on a start date??
Anytime is a good time to start - I didn't have my Launch party right way, I actually had a few basket parties and then used March for my Launch Party and Spring Catalog party.
You will get double host rewards in January and the Bring Back my Bar special for Jan.
In Feb Scentsy will offer 10% off most items in the catalog and then in March the new scents.
The benefit to signing up now - there is still time to sign up for the spring sprints - if your location isn't sold out, you can sign up until Dec. 31st.
Like Christy said, it will take a little time for your starter kit to get in - or you can ask your sponsor if you can borrow from them.

2. How expensive are the samples for the new catalogs when they come out? I'm new to Scentsy so I don't know how many scents change come the new catalog.
There are 2 sizes of testers - full size and mini-testers. A full set of Mini testers is $25. Each time the catalog changes Scentsy offers a "Transition kit" for the full size and the mini-testers for a discount. I don't know the cost since they haven't posted it yet.
The samples are something you can make yourself - I usually make samples for my customers to smell the scent of the month.

3. How much is it to get a subscription for the scent of the month? I just want to start out by getting the scent each month but not the warmer.
It is $35 and includes:
• 6 SOTM Candle Bars ($25 Value)
• Party Tester ($2 Value)
• Mini Tester (.25 Value)
• Room Spray ($8 Value)
• Scentsy Brick – Sell or use to make samples. ($20 Value)

4. I know you can purchase the scent of the month off the website past the month it comes out but wasn't sure how long you can do that for. When I start having parties I want to include the scent of the months for as long as I can but didn't know for how long that was.
It is available for the catalog season - the Spring Catalog comes out in March and the fall comes out in September. The Scent and Warmer are available while supplies last for that catalog season. After that if they keep them they will be part of the next catalog.

5. How do you include the warmers off the website that aren't in the catalogs into your parties? Not everyone is going to like the ones in the catalog or may like having one off the website even more.
Each month with the Warmer of the Month Subscription you get a flyer for the Warmer & Scent of the month. I usually keep one in my catalogs to show the other warmers & scents. There are also lots of resources in your Scentsy Consultant Workstation. You can download and print the college warmers, warmer of the month and Christmas warmers. You can also purchase the flyers from Scentsy if you prefer not to print yourself.

6. Basket parties - How successful are you with them? Have you ever had a problem getting them back? What do you do when someone in a different state wants to have one?
I mainly use Basket Parties for my business since I have a full-time job and don't have a lot of time for home parties. I use a "basket party contract" before we start the party. I haven't had a problem getting them back.
If they are out of state - I send them. I have a whole team training I offer about how to host the best basket parties and I provide my team all the files I use. Usually your sponsor helps with this.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]I think it is very important to carefully select your sponsor. Many of the questions you asked would be training from your sponsor or director. Many of us have people all over the US and Canada. Scentsy has a great amount of training and your sponsor really adds to this. Let us know what other questions you have.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1