WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I'm new - please help!

beachmama64
12-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to TS and can't get in touch with my sponsor, so I was hoping someone here would have some good advice -
I just held my 4th party - the hostess rarely returned my phone calls or e-mails, but did enough for me to deliver her hostess kit/invitations/etc. and get a head count a two days before the party. At that point she said she had 8 people coming (this was the 1st weekend in December). Party night arrives and I'm setting up and chatting with her and as I'm finishing up, she tells me that it's only going to be her family (as in kids and husband) there and her sister in law. Everyone else bailed on her the day before, but she was supposed to call them/see them @ work on Monday for orders.
I felt really bad for her, and went ahead through everything, thinking, well...it's at least going to be good practice for me.
We've set up two nights to close the party and go over orders together...and she hasn't returned calls to me until after 9 pm (we were supposed to meet around 5-5:30). I'm really frustrated and am thinking she doesn't have any orders. I've called in the early afternoon and evening both yesterday and today, and have heard nothing back. What do I do? I'm starting to feel like this lady used me for free samples.
Thanks for any help/advice you can give!

TastefullyMI
12-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry about the unfortunate siutation. It's something that can happen when running a direct sales business. In the future you may want to be sure the invitations go out by including one stamped and addressed to you. This way at least you KNOW the invites went out. This host may or may not have sent them out and in a timely manner, leaving you with the more "intimate" party.

I'm a "three strikes and your out" kinda girl. If by a third contact I'm getting nowhere, I would let it go and move on. When a door closes, a window will open so stay focused on moving forward and I congratulate you on completing 4 parties AND what sounds like your very organized and dilligent way of running your new business!

Best to you!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1