WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Just a couple questions

huskerme
12-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Ok, so I just joined scentsy this last week, and having a blast with it, but I have a couple of questions.
First of all, when I go and try and search for my website, it doesn't come up. I thought I read something somewhere you have to be a certified consultant before that happens, is this true? I am putting in my name.scentsy.us. I have even tried doing the whole address starting with the http. and all that--what am I doing wrong?
Also I was looking through the master catalog and saw these neat little baggies that says you can put sample of wax in for basket parties and such. Do any of you take these out of the little canisters you get with your starter kit, or do you just break off pieces of the scentsy bars? With me just getting started, I don't have alot of money to invest just yet, and I LOVE the idea of the minitesters, but to start off I am working with a budget till I get my clients setup.
Oh, and 1 more question--ok, so I lied, I have 3 questions!--LOL! I was thinking about going and talking to a local nursing home director to see if I can set up a display with some business cards and maybe leave some catalogs, do any of you do this? I shouldn't really say nursing home, it's more of an assisted living place, where they try to make elderly people feel more like they are at their own homes!
Thanks for all your help!

christyvw2004
12-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Ok, so I just joined scentsy this last week, and having a blast with it, but I have a couple of questions.
First of all, when I go and try and search for my website, it doesn't come up. I thought I read something somewhere you have to be a certified consultant before that happens, is this true? I am putting in my name.scentsy.us. I have even tried doing the whole address starting with the http. and all that--what am I doing wrong?------I believe you should be able to find it right away...you did sign up for the website under subs correct..
Also I was looking through the master catalog and saw these neat little baggies that says you can put sample of wax in for basket parties and such. Do any of you take these out of the little canisters you get with your starter kit, or do you just break off pieces of the scentsy bars? With me just getting started, I don't have alot of money to invest just yet, and I LOVE the idea of the minitesters, but to start off I am working with a budget till I get my clients setup.. If you are looking not to put out anymore money for sure just cut up some pieces from the large testers to make a mini basket party...I do really love our new little mini testers though for $25.
Oh, and 1 more question--ok, so I lied, I have 3 questions!--LOL! I was thinking about going and talking to a local nursing home director to see if I can set up a display with some business cards and maybe leave some catalogs, do any of you do this? I shouldn't really say nursing home, it's more of an assisted living place, where they try to make elderly people feel more like they are at their own homes!
Thanks for all your help!----- I think this would go over well.

Good luck in your venture,
Christy https://christyv.scentsy.us

samcleod
12-13-2010, 01:03 AM
First - for you to come up on the consultant search (where they type their address and local consultants are brought up), you do have to be certified. However, they should be able to go to the I know a consultant, type your first and last name and state and you should come up. Make sure you have set up your web address. It is listed under your name by the log out button on your workstation.
Second - I am not sure which samples you are talking about. there is the minitesters for $25 which has all the scents. there is also the business card bags and if you are going to do those, i would recommend a cotton ball or q-tip sample. You can find those on the Scentsy forums. If you start cutting up your big testers you may end up not having any for your home parties. I know that I have had people comment on how professional the testers look, and I am pretty sure i would not have gotten those comments if the testers were "gouged"
Third - I think the idea of a nursing home is great - also any daycares in your vicinity. the parents may be interested.

sdelaries
12-13-2010, 02:13 AM
I'm not a Scentsy rep yet but I've been thinking about joining. With that said, I've been doing a lot of homework about the business. I actually came across some really good ideas on how to make testers and samples on YouTube.

One girl used an embossing gun to melt the wax out of her full size testers. She heated the wax until it was in a liquid form, then poured the melted wax into those little round bead containers....then labeled them. She used those for her basket testers. I thought it was a good idea. :)

Another rep melted some scentsy wax in a Wiltons chocolate melter then poured the melted wax in molds to make samples. You probably could just melt the wax in the warmer and pour them into molds. :)

If you search YouTube you'll be able to find some ideas that other scentsy reps use. I just kinda found it by mistake but they we're great ideas that I'm gonna use as soon as I join.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1