WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

amydwh
12-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I am very excited to sign up and start selling Scentsy!!!! Is it necessary to sign up under someone who lives in the same area as you for training purposes? Also I want to make sure the person is a good fit for me. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecited.
Amy

LorettaA
12-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi Amy,

If you want to spend time with your sponsor face-to-face or possibly attend meetings you will want to find someone local. I have a team member in Greencastle...not sure if that is near you. Let me know and I can put you in touch.

Let your potential sponsor know what is important to you. This helps a great deal when we try to support our team members.

You sound very excited! I think you will enjoy Scentsy.

motherof6blessings
12-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Yay!

I think you will have a wonderful time with Scentsy!!

I sent you a PM.

Congrats on your new Journey!!

LAscents
12-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I would recommend you speak with a number of potential sponsors before you make a final decision.

jessicaj
12-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Good luck with your search for a sponsor. Looks like you got some wonderful advice from the ladies already.

Ask lots of questions and communicate with your potential sponsors. We are all here to help!

bcylab
12-11-2010, 11:06 AM
We all love to have new team members. So ask lots of questions. Like the others said, if you want face to face, then you might want someone newar you. I have never met my sponsor and she lives in the same town. I have learned most things from coming here. I love this forum.

I have created a decent customer base with my own knowledge, but I always am around to learn more.

So go luck on your journey, you will love it.:p

samcleod
12-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Treat this as a job interview. Once you sign up if you absolutely don't like your sponsor you have to leave scentsy for 6 months to then sign back up. When you leave you will also lose all your hard work. Think of everything that is important to you.
Do have something that is a absolute deal breaker? Do you have children who may be noisy when you are able to speak with your sponsor? Do you have an odd schedule (i.e. work second or night shift)?
If you are a shift worker, then you may want to find someone who is active and available during the same times, this way you aren't playing phone tag or are worried you may wake them up.
Whomever you sign up under will love that you joined their team, because they will potentially make money off of you. However, this does not mean that personalities are compatible. You can be as choosy as you want to be while you are shopping for a sponsor. Ask lots of questions and if you find someone who doesn't want to even respond to your questions, then that is a no. :)

GOOD LUCK in your search for a sponsor and I hope that you make a fantastic choice.

JAngus
12-11-2010, 10:00 PM
All good advice! I think it also depends on how independent and self-driven you are or how much help you think you may need. I met my sponsor at a party, didn't even mention joining, then signed up on her website 4 days later. We've had one phone conversation. I hit the ground running when I signed up, found out everything I need to know from the forum and research, certified in my first month, and went from there. But that's just me. If you don't mind just communicating long-distance, interview and choose someone that is good at communicating online. But if you want someone who can be right there to help you with your first parties, borrow supplies from, etc., then you will need to find someone close by from the consultant locator.

Good luck! You'll love it! =)

kelfr25
12-11-2010, 10:45 PM
I agree with all of what these ladies have said. I went to school with my sponsor, but I rarely see her. We're friends on Facebook, and I know she's there for me when I need her, but I'm kind of a "do-it-yourself" person. I don't really need a someone to walk me through everything, but some people are. I adapt to what my recruits need.
Make a list of what you're looking for in a sponsor, and talk to people. We're all here to help you. :D Good luck, and you're going to love it!

NicoletteS
12-12-2010, 06:27 AM
Congrats on your decision to join Scentsy. Irregardless of whomever you sign under, remember it is your business. Between all of the sisters in Scentsy, the Scentsy forum, Scentsy backoffice training and forums such as this one, you will have more than enough help and encouragement. Again, congrats on your decision.:)

amydwh
12-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks so much for all the great advice. I am going to try to find the right fit for me. I found out I do not need someone in my area, but I would like someone who will support me and give me good advice. I do not need to be walked through everything if the workstation and training is as good as you ladies say.
Thanks and I will keep you all posted.
Amy

Lexilou
12-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Good luck on your new journey! You are in for a great ride!

sherryw76
12-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Good luck on your search. Definitely take your time and find someone you feel comfortable with. I also went with someone far away, but she was a friend and someone I knew I would be comfortable asking questions of. I haven't really had to ask many questions though because, as someone else mentioned, there is a ton information available between the back office and the forum. I have been watching a ton of the training videos and am really learning a lot.

Good luck!

gabouriekl
12-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi Amy....I've sent you a PM

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1