WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I sell clothes on ebay

shellybelly
12-10-2010, 08:05 AM
I have sold many thing over the years on eBay and really like selling clothes, they are easy to find, I have some great sources, and even better they are easy to pack. I use soft sided envelopes that I buy from a supplier on ebay. I print out my shipping labels, tape em on and I don't even have to stand in line at the post office because they already have postage, I just drop them off and go.. I do tend to get a few glares from all those Christmas shippers that are in line to mail their packages LOL.

Just wondering if there are others making decent money and what are you selling.

Chat soon, Shelly

khakigirl
12-14-2010, 06:41 AM
If you ship even 1 priority mail package with your others, you can request a free pickup from USPS. What you could do is randomly upgrade one buyer to Priority (it's less than $1 higher than Parcel Post) to get the free pickups and then you don't even have to leave the comfort of your house.

Personally, I'm not making any money but I treat eBay like a yard sale for the time being. In the new year, I'm considering opening up a Trading Assistant business (sell stuff for others on eBay).

ybnegood
12-26-2010, 11:51 AM
I had my best month ever on Ebay.. One listing I sold 329 pieces from Nov 15 to Dec 15th. I cut my costs way down by buying shipping supplies in bulk and had the post office carrier pick up all my packages each day. Its a pain to sell to Canada though as you HAVE to go to the post office to buy the postage. Online only lets you do priority mail to Canada.
Keeping my fingers crossed though as I still have a few undelivered Christmas orders.
Sourcing my products direct from China/Hong Kong was the best thing I ever learned. You can find some awesome products online to re-sell. Shipping is a killer though so you have to watch how and what you buy very carefully.
Next years hot gadget will definitely be the NeoCube. Visions of Dollar Bills floating thru my head.

martin

adm73
02-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Selling clothes scares me. How are the customers? I have a way to get decent clothing to sell, but it seriously makes me nervous.

Lainii87
02-18-2011, 07:38 AM
I sell clothes on ebay also. I buy them from local thrift shops then re-sell them on eBay and make a fairly decent profit. I don't suppose anyone is willing to share their sources for other items to sell or a better source for clothing hehe :)

AmySol
02-21-2011, 05:25 PM
I used to make over $5000 net selling clothes on ebay. I always thought clothes were the way to go because their are so easy to ship and light weight! :-)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1