WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

motherof6blessings
12-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone!

I am pregnant with my 6th baby and mychildren are under 5. I am a photographer but since I am 6 months pregnant its hard to find clients to photograph. My sister in law does Scentsy and I love the products but its alittle bit hard to talk to her and I hardly ever see her.

I am wondering is now a good time to join or should I wait till the new year? I really want to do something that doesnt take me away from my children as long as photography does although I love it. I love party type settings and I know my family already loves Scentsy.

How hard is it to get started?

One of my only problems would be convincing my Hubby to let me try something else since I have done several things that didn't work out and it really bummed both of us out.

Any advisse or tips would be very helpful!

christyvw2004
12-03-2010, 10:40 PM
You must be a busy mama.... I have been doing Scentsy for a little over a year now. I am in MN--not sure where you are---but we are growing in leaps and bounds here....I took 9 mths to decide I had the time to try it---and then wished I would have decided earlier... but o well.. I think one of the best things you could do is either host a OH ---call it your lauch party---let your friends/family know you are thinking of joining and would they be interested in trying us out.-- and then join that day.. I find most people once they try our product LOVE LOVE it. If you can email me I will send you some info I have. Lots of great gals here for help.
https://christyv.scentsy.us

samcleod
12-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I have been doing this for a couple of months and am making enough to start paying off debt. It is one of the best decision I have made.
I would recommend starting now as you can get in on the end of the shopping season.

I can only imagine how busy you are. I have 3 babies under 5 years of age and I want to be able to go to their school functions. I am making this a priority to make that a possibility.

You already have a customer base to contact with you photography clients.

Call me and we can talk.
Steph
smcleod.scentsy.us.
[email protected]

bcylab
12-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I agree with the other ladies, you will have a nice customer base to chat with. You can get your customers with the photography and invite them to a launch party. Great way to start. I have been with Scentsy just over a year now and still love it. I do work full time as well and I too am starting to gain grounds on some debt. The main reason I wanted to get started.

My customer base is growing montly and I am loving it.

Good luck with your pregnancy and have a balst with your children. Mine love helping me put orders together. They love smelling everything.

LAscents
12-04-2010, 07:14 PM
The best time to start is whenever you are ready. If you joined in December you could take a loss on your business for 2010, though if you signed in 2011, you'd earn more than the cost of the kit and any initial expenses. Not sure if that's any deciding factor or not. We're at the tail end of the Christmas rush (cut off date is 12/18 in US 12/15 in Canada), though there is still time to catch some last minute orders and still have them arrive in time for Christmas delivery. You will be able to promote web orders same day you sign up, even while waiting for your kit.

You could start fresh in 2011 or you could get your kit ordered in 2010 and get familiar with our products and policies then get all ramped up to launch in January. It's really a personal decision.

As far as how much time this takes, again, what you put in will determine what you get out of it. While this is a fun business, it is still work, and does take some time. Again, how often or by what platform you work is entirely up to you, just so long as you have at least one month out of 3 where you sell $150 retail. There are so many options available as far as how you work your business, home parties, basket parties, online, displays, one on one, etc.

It sounds cliche to say direct sales offers you freedom, but it really does. There are just so many options and choices available with Scentsy. You already know how to multitask if you have 6 kiddos and can likely find a solution to give you some adult interaction working your business in the time and manner that best suits your family needs.

samcleod
12-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Laurie always explains things so well. :D
I do agree. The best time to start is when you are ready. If you aren't ready to commit to it, then now isn't the time.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1