WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Baskets/pouches all out... how?

kelfr25
11-24-2010, 10:55 AM
I've seen a ton of you say that all of your baskets/pouches are out right now. How the heck do you do it? I've not had ANY interest in any kind of party, and I don't know how to get them going.

I really need to get some parties booked, because I just lost my job, and right now, this is it.

bcylab
11-26-2010, 11:06 AM
I would suggest having a party at your own house to get someladies interested. Let them know that the rewards from hosting a party is wonderful. Be excited about it, excitement is very contagious.

I was suppose to have a home party a few weeks ago at a girlfriends house. We had a serious falling out, so no party was done. But I did acquire a basket party from one of the ladies who was suppose to attend.

Hand out lots of samples, even to strangers. Get people asking questions. This is a great time of year. Have a few basket party kits with you, so them off and see if anyone bites.

I have several key customers who have pasrties for me all the time. Those are my favorite ones, I reward them with a few extra gifts, for being such great hostesses. Always keep cataolgs on you, if you hand some out make sure you get names and phone numbers to follow up with in a few days to see what they think and if they would like to earn free products.

I am finding out that getting their information is a big key factor.

Good luck. I know some of the other ladies will chime in with more informtation.

imamomagain
11-29-2010, 07:00 PM
I do take my mini testers with me everywhere I go. At the moment, I have 14 bags and they are all out. I have more people waiting for them when they get back. If I do a home party and I have any, they go with me and I don't leave that party until I get at least one person take them. The last home party I did I had 3 of them and they were all grabbed up by guests.
I also have had on-going basket parties at a local hospital. These nurses are CRAZY for Scentsy!! It started in June and I have had 2 or 3 going every month in that hospital. They just keep passing the bag to the next person. Their parties have ranged in the $600-$1,200 range each. They keep trying to one-up each other. They are also getting them for Christmas gifts.
I post on FB that I have bags available and usually get people messaging me for the bags. I push the ease factor and that they don't have to invite guests and make refreshments. They love the fact that they can just show the bag, catalog and smellies and get lots of free and 1/2 price Scentsy!

emily3247
12-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I also send the basket parties with all of my in-home party hostesses to help them gather outside orders and show how easy it is! When people see the basket my hostess has they usually book!

kelfr25
12-07-2010, 07:49 AM
I finally got all of mine out. Two are with family members (one is a teacher!), one is with an old friend, and one is in another state. Now if I can just get more people lined up... I don't get many home parties, in fact, I don't have any lined up at all, so I can't have people take them from the home party.

emily3247
12-07-2010, 12:26 PM
It's easier when you have home parties lined up because people will typically book parties from a home party more often than they book from a basket party. If you're running out of friends/family and still aren't outside of your circle of contacts then consider booking a booth at a small event for the leads or joining one of the Direct Sales Network's chapters in your area.

I originally had a hard time too, but since I've done those two things it's really helped me get out there and meet new people. You'd be surprised at how many people will book a party if you just ask them! Good luck!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1