WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What do you sell on ebay?

koledust
11-22-2010, 09:47 PM
I am just trying to sell things from around my house right now. Hope to be adding some clothes I don't fit in anymore because of the weight I lost.

Just wondering what everyone sales on ebay?

Please check out my ebay items for sale!!! (https://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/shopNoLogin.do?m=1&cd=23_31_42_445&a=396&e=426&loginOverride=1)

Rona
11-23-2010, 02:23 AM
I sell children's book on ebay but it's getting more difficult to make any money. I am thinking of going into collectibles or antiques as they are still really popular on ebay here in the UK and with buyers from overseas.

YodaRules
01-28-2011, 03:16 PM
I am trying to get rid of inventory that I have with an online store. Am selling at wholesale or even a little under just to get it out of my storage room. Of course, selling at these prices mean I only list when the free listings offer comes out. Right now they allow 100 free auction listings beginning at any price so I list 60 college flags. After I see what sells I will list another 40 then wait for the next time the free listings are available. As soon as I sell the last of the flags next up for listing are sun catchers, welcome signs and authentic lighthouse replicas.

Good Luck!

Patsy

homebased12
01-31-2011, 04:29 AM
I've heard bad things about eBay recently - that their fees have risen so high that it is much harder to make a profit. A lot of people have abandoned it purely due to that.

I watched a documentary about people making money on eBay (watched it years ago) and there was a man who had a garden shed full of small, china ornaments of historical figures like King Henry VIII - he was making a well-above average income from selling these things on eBay.

The product was small, therefore all his stock could be kept in his garden shed, and they were light and relatively inexpensive to post. Things like underwear, or even light-weight womens shoes would be another option.

Light and cheap to post is what I would recommend, if you want to make money from eBay as a business.

iambarbara
01-31-2011, 01:50 PM
I am just trying to sell things from around my house right now. Hope to be adding some clothes I don't fit in anymore because of the weight I lost.

Just wondering what everyone sales on ebay?

Please check out my ebay items for sale!!! (https://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/shopNoLogin.do?m=1&cd=23_31_42_445&a=396&e=426&loginOverride=1)

Congratulations on your weight loss! You must be very proud!

I sell my kids clothes that they grow out of in bulk. With postage always going up I usually go with a flat rate box and stuff as much as I can in.

If I find a SUPER sale at a store, Michael's, Target, Kohls, of random things.

But only if I KNOW I could make a profit.

ybnegood
02-01-2011, 07:19 AM
You have to pad a little profit into your shipping charges..... You are allowed to add reasonable handling charges to cover your packaging cost, time to pack, etc.

No one on this planet expects you to charge $1.99 for shipping if it actually costs $1.99 for postage.

Look at all the major stores, some charge by the price of an item
i.e. $.01 - $9.99 your shipping is $4.95
$10.00 - $19.99 your shipping is $6.95

Plus buyers expect you to replace the item for free if damaged in transit. You have to build in profit
to cover "Buyer Satisfaction"

I dont show cost on my postage labels for that reason.

martin

Hugalicious Ragdolls
02-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi

just found the auction section on the forum.

I have just started selling on ebay again, I have been a sporadic seller since 2005, and really want to get into it properly and build a business.
I have enrolled in a 3 day course on the Gold Coast, which I hope will inspire me and offer lots of great ideas,

Angela

GAjewel
03-13-2011, 09:31 PM
I have sold a lot of interesting things on eBay over the years, but here are a few of my consistent winners:

* Shoes (used)

* Plus size clothing

* Certain kinds of dinnerware

* Collectibles

* Certain kinds of books

* Black and Decker under counter toasters

* Certain kinds of jeans

Good luck with your sales!

CC

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1