WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What to sell on ebay... ideas!

koledust
11-20-2010, 10:54 PM
One thing I sell is box tops for education.... check it out....

Stuff I am selling on Ebay! (https://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/shopNoLogin.do?m=1&cd=23_31_42_445&a=396&e=426&loginOverride=1)

Diane622
11-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a unique idea, but also sounds like a lot of work to me. I guess if you have people giving you theirs, then they would add up quicker!

I sell vintage costume jewelry, and I guess it could be seen as time consuming as well, but I love the hunting for the items, so it makes it an enjoyable past time for me.

Diane

singlemom58
01-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Sounds like a unique idea, but also sounds like a lot of work to me. I guess if you have people giving you theirs, then they would add up quicker!

I sell vintage costume jewelry, and I guess it could be seen as time consuming as well, but I love the hunting for the items, so it makes it an enjoyable past time for me.

Diane

HI Diane
Not trying to steal business from you or anything, where do you hunt for items? I am just trying to make some money. Thanks

Diane622
01-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Not worried about that at all, there's plenty to go around! I got started by purchasing an ebook by Rebecca Minew called How To Sell Vintage Costume Jewelry Online. Unfortunately, I don't see that her website is up anymore. Anyway, since it was February when I began, I started by going to an auction house where I live a couple of Wednesdays and bought some. Then when spring hit, I hit a lot of yard sales. I would check craigslist for yard sales with the keyword 'jewelry' as well as the local papers and use mapquest to plot out the most efficient route to each of them. Church sales were another very good place to find it because older women who no longer want theirs sell it for cheap!

So, my suggestion is during the spring, summer and beginning of fall, hit yard sales and during the winter see if there is an auction house near you that sells on a certain day of the week (usually you can find this in the classified section of your city's Sunday paper). Anything unusual or unique will usually sell, as well as jewelry that has a maker inscribed on the back of it, just make sure you charge enough for the fees from eBay and PayPal and what you paid for the item.

Good luck, hope this helps!
Diane

ybnegood
03-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Before you start selling on ebay, click on completed item listings and see what stuff is actually selling for.

You have to calculate - cost of item - cost of packaging - cost of shipping - ebay fees - paypal fees
self insurance or private shipping insurance cost - profit desired = Selling price

Too many people think if it costs a buck and they sell it for 2 or 3 dollars, they can make good money
but the fees and costs eat up most of their profits.

I import items in small quantities and resell and do fairly well - it's easy to import

martin

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1