WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How do you drum up parties?

nessifly
11-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I've just started selling Scentsy and have gotten a lot of interest from people, but nobody who wants to host a party.

I'm hosting my own open house, but most people have RSVP'd no :(

How do you get people interested in parties?

kelfr25
11-01-2010, 09:24 PM
I've just started selling Scentsy and have gotten a lot of interest from people, but nobody who wants to host a party.

I'm hosting my own open house, but most people have RSVP'd no :(

How do you get people interested in parties?

I've been having a hard time too, but it's a blessing at the moment as I've been out of commission for a couple of weeks. One thing that's been suggested is to do an incentive, but make it for anyone who books a qualifying ($150 minimum) party gets such and such (a plug-in or a warmer). You can use the extra half price item to get the reward, so it's not as big an expense for you. You could also do a get a warmer for the price of the date ($15 if they book on the 15th) incentive but put the stipulation on it that the party must qualify, that way, again, you can use the extra half-price item to get that warmer. Some people have said they do plug-ins up to the 15th, then do full size. If you do that one, I'd also make sure that you let them know that the cause and campus warmers can't be purchased with that incentive as you can't use them for half-price or free.

Whew... hope that helps. I'm going to try some of those myself toward the middle of the month.

brendal
11-10-2010, 08:23 PM
My first way to get party bookings was at my launch party. I told people I was working towards my Scentsational Start goal and asked it they would help my out by hosting a home, basket, or "pouch" party. If you are a member of the Scentsy forums, do a search on pouch party to get more information.

Right now I have 2 parties booked and 2 pouch parties out. I always make sure people know what the hostess rewards are, especially if they want to order and are low on funds. There are other incentives above the hostess rewards, but they would come out of your pocket. I pretty much share Scentsy with everyone I can. It's a wonderful product! The mini-testers have really worked wonders for me. Once people smell, they are hooked!

imamomagain
11-11-2010, 06:21 AM
The Mini Testers are a MUST! I have 9 sets out right now working and just ordered 4 more sets yesterday! People love the Basket Parties.

bcylab
11-12-2010, 10:29 AM
The mini testers are amazing. I have 4 sets and they are all out right now, as well.

This is a great time of year. Christmas presents fro everyone. I have loads ordering for simple nice easy Christmas. My custoemrs love it. I do as well.:p

brendal
11-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Another thing I want to add is personally talk to people about your party. When you just send a Facebook invite, it's easy to RSVP no. Call them, connect with them in person, or send an email (my last choice of preference) to invite them. Then send them an invitation. Then call them again a day or two before the party to let them know you're glad they are coming (if they RSVP'd yes) or to ask them if they are going to make it (if they have not RSVP'd)

Brendal, Independent Scentsy Lead Consultant
http://brendalf.scentsy.us

JGannon
11-20-2010, 07:26 AM
I agree with everyone people like something free so offer an incentive. When I first started I offered a free plug in to those who helped me get my business going and ordered it as the 1/2 price item like someone else mentioned.
Unlike everyone else I dont do alot of basket parties, I think because it's so new to where I live people just want to have a party. I do "pick a date pick a prize" @ my parties and it seems to work, I put dates I want to do parties on index cards and if they book on one of those dates they get to pick an envelope with a prize in it. This is great for Calendar control cause you pick the dates you want to work (like I personally dont do weekends). The prize is usually a travel tin, room spray, etc. I did 18 parties in Oct, I have 20 for November and 13 for the 1st 15 days of December so this has really been working for me. I just started in Dec of last year but I have one hostess who has had 3 parties for me in the past 10 months, her family & friends LOVE Scentsy !!
Direct sales is all about consistency and sticking with it. With all jobs there is training, you can't expect to be perfect in 30 days or 60 days or 90 days, it takes time to learn the business, I still learn everyday.

VeggieGirl84
11-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Minitesters and promoting our awesome, easy to reach hostess rewards!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1