WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I am interested in joining..

avonmom
10-17-2010, 09:32 PM
I contacted the company and I cant wait to hear back from them! I love AVON products, but this sounds A LOT MORE lucrative.

I am confused as to how much my sales kit costs. I know there are a few options, none of which I understand.

Can anyone help explain it to me?

Sincerely,

Lisa

KristenB
10-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Hi Lisa,

To begin Silpada, it is 199.00 for the certificate fee and starter kit. It includes your website, forms, documents, ring sizer, catalogs, business binder, you also get personalized business cards, your rubber stamp for catalogs, invitations, training cd's etc, recruiting supplies. It is a very good package.

When you have your first qualifying party* you get a 200.00 certificate for free jewelry! So you get the money back and I did in 1 week!

Then your able to purchase your jewelry at 50 percent off and you can buy as much or as little as you want!! Jewelry does not come in that kit. If you buy in high amounts then the 200.00 fee is reduced or eliminated. 750.00 equals 1500.00 in jewelry and you only pay 100.00 of the certificate fee. Purchase 1750.00 equals 3,500.00 in jewelry and the 200.00 certification fee is 0.00. I did not do any of those I bought what I could afford and I am earning the rest.

I love Silpada, I looked into many other companies and I can tell you the quality and leadership is second to none!! Feel free to contact me for any more info! Lots of incentives right now for shows and recruiting like I said contact me for more:))

Have a great day!
Kristen

avonmom
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Thank you. I got an information kit in the mail today from a Silpada rep. I had requested info online and it came a day later!! I am SO IMPRESSED with the brochure! And it only changes ONCE a year! And I dont have to do ANY deliveries! And the average party is $900+ and I earn 30% of the sales!! That is is JUST CRAZY good!! I am used to AVON, where I have to deliver every order, even a $5 one 15 miles away. Makes no sense. And the books change every 14 days.

I AM SO EXCITED to learn more about Silpada. I am also looking in to Cookie Lee, of course. I have to see whats out there.

This seems SOOOO much easier than AVON. And Silpada isnt competing with its reps. Cool, very cool!!

Thank you Kirsten for the info. I wish you were closer.

My husband and I are THRILLED with what we have learned about this company so far!! =)

KristenB
10-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Anytime!! If you need anything else please let me know how i can help!! Good luck in your venture!!

blingslinger
10-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Avonmom,

Let us know what you decide!! One thing to consider with jewelry companies, is the return rate. 90% of my Silpada returns are simply needing a different ring size. I had a friend sell for another jewelry company and she said 90% of her returns were broken jewelry. Silpada is VERY well made :)

And yes, no deliveries, no inventory, no presentations, and no crazy catalog changes...Silpada is amazing! LOVE it!

Good luck!

udesignit
11-24-2010, 09:04 PM
It sounds like you have found a great company to represent. Silpada is beautiful jewelry! I used to sell for a jewelry company and many of the returns were due to pieces breaking during shipping, etc. It is very embarrassing when a piece of jewelry breaks during a home party. I cannot imagine delivering those small items for Avon. Gas is so expensive!

Udesignit
Independent Stylist Rendi
Rendi Style - Your Home for Customized Gifts and Home Décor. Host a party, become a stylist, find a unique gift. (http://stellar.rendistyle.com)

sue311
11-26-2010, 07:59 AM
I love Cookie Lee jewelry. I had also looked into several jewelry companies and even though I loved the pieces and probably would buy them (did with some), I just could'nt justify in my head paying the price for some of them and therefore I knew I would have a hard time selling them. I joined CL for my personal use but people started commenting on the jewelry (one lady ordered a necklace I was wearing).

I am aware this is a Silpada folder but since you commented that you were also looking into CL, if you have any questions, I will be glad to help.

cabimom
11-27-2010, 09:15 AM
I love Silpada jewelry and have hosted several shows in the past. The price points in Silpada are not expensive when you compare it to some of the upper end fashion jewelry lines (like Stella and Dot and some of the pieces in Jewels by Park Lane and lia sophia). With Silpada you get an investment piece, sterling silver lasts forever, plated jewelry does not.

Cheryl
11-27-2010, 10:10 AM
You're right Cabimom! I have peices from years ago and they still look new and stylish and the prices are great in my opinion...of course we have some pieces with a high-end price, but they are big beautiful pieces and us women's eyes tend to go towards those! ;)

KristenB
11-28-2010, 08:24 AM
There is a difference between costume jewelry and "real" jewelry and it is all based on what the customers taste is. When I got involved with Silpada one of the key factors was the jewelry is high quality and still has a high resale value. Other companies may have nice stuff but a lot of it is cutsey and trendy and might not be in style next season. Than what? Silpada is amazing, the people the product and the philosophy. Don't ever be fooled by what you "think" people will want to buy, decide by what you would like to buy..the rest will come.

~Kristen

blingslinger
12-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Well said, Kristen :)