WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Lexilou
10-17-2010, 09:17 AM
I was just thinking this might be a good way to help people get different ideas about how they get the ball rolling on their scentsy business. It might be good for people just starting out and don't know how to go about letting people know what they are doing.

imamomagain
10-18-2010, 11:01 AM
One thing that I like to do at this time of year (this works best on Black Friday) I take lots of Pumpkin Roll Scent Circles with me and just look for the most frazzled store clerk or even drive through order-taker and hand them a Scent Circle and catalog and a smile. They LOVE it and it's a bright spot in their busy day!

bcylab
10-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Sounds like a nice idea. I am slowly working on figuring out what I would like to do. To get some increased business over the holidays.

Lexilou
10-31-2010, 03:27 AM
I have the window decal with all of my info on it on the back window of my car. When I go to the store, I purposely park by the buggy return and put a few product guides under the wiper blade. Always count how many you put under there so that way you can tell how many are missing!
I also leave a "getting started" brochure on the table with my tip when I go out to eat.I wear my "Help wanted" pin everywhere. Many people ask me about it.

bcylab
10-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I recently took some samples, November flyers and my labels to the gymnastics club. I was working on stapling them together when I was asked lots of questions. I left there with an order and a few of the Moms are planning on pacing orders for Christmas.

nessifly
10-31-2010, 11:48 AM
One thing that I like to do at this time of year (this works best on Black Friday) I take lots of Pumpkin Roll Scent Circles with me and just look for the most frazzled store clerk or even drive through order-taker and hand them a Scent Circle and catalog and a smile. They LOVE it and it's a bright spot in their busy day!

I love this idea! Wondering what kind of response you get? Do you actually find new customers this way?

imamomagain
10-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes I do and they remember me because of the day that I gave it to them! It's fun and I'm already stocking up on some more Pumpkin Roll Scent Circles!

LauraMomOf4
11-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Since I work full-time from home, I'm not out as much as I would like, but my hubby sure has been great with this. He usually brings along catalogs and just asks the people he knows if they have heard of Scentsy or would like a catalog. When he went to the bank a couple weeks ago he was depositing all my checks from my open house and told the teller that was all from my Scentsy, and she said oh have her bring me in a catalog, and I sure lucked out with that one because a few days later she emailed me a 225 dollar order! You just never know. :-) He drives a school bus and at one of his schools he got permission to put some catalogs out and the ladies were asking more about them and wanting some samples, so this morning he just brought a basket of all my little testers over there.

Laura

VeggieGirl84
11-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Yes I do and they remember me because of the day that I gave it to them! It's fun and I'm already stocking up on some more Pumpkin Roll Scent Circles!

That's a great idea, Lisa.

I am not shopping on BF, however my awesome husband is and I'm going to tell him to do this. He helps me out a ton with Scentsy stuff!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1