WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Maternity Leave for WAHMs?

delkroemer
09-30-2010, 07:37 PM
So I will be giving birth to my 3rd daughter next week and I was wondering if anyone plans to take a maternity leave of some sort even though you work from home? How does this work? I was initially thinking I could continue working, since I write and create my own schedule, but I have already been so exhausted and busy, plus I want to be able to spend as much focused time with my new baby and family during this time that now I am thinking I need a break from work. How long of a maternity leave do you take when working from home? And how does it all work out? Thanks for any answers!

Amy Jacobs
10-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Good question! I would say take a week or 2 if need be. For me I have had 2 kiddos so far as a wahm as soon as I get out the hospital I am right back at it (lol) so I probably wont be taking much me time after this birth. The beauty of working from home is you can work your own schedule :)

Good luck on your delivery next week! I hope all goes well for you both!