WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Ok,Im making this!

DebraFerrie
09-12-2010, 07:45 PM
I am a SOUP lover, with French Onion being my addiction, te he he
but this Corn Chowder sounds awesome!!
and the best thing about home made soups is lower salt than cans, and of course NO preservatives

Ingredients
1/2 cup/125 mL chopped celery
2 green onions, sliced
2 tbsp/30 mL butter
3 cups/750 mL water, divided
1 cup/250 mL peeled, diced potatoes
2 tsp/10 mL Chicken Soup & Gravy
1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Soup & Vegetable Seasoning
1/8 tsp/0.6 mL Black Pepper 12 oz
1/2 cup/125 mL Cream Soup & Gravy
1/4 cup/60 mL all-purpose flour
1 cup/250 mL milk
1 can (8 oz/227 g) cream-style corn

Cooking Directions
In large saucepan, sauté celery and onions in butter until tender. Add 1-1/2 cups/375 mL water, potatoes, Chicken Soup Base and seasonings. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. Combine Cream Soup Base and flour; stir in milk and remaining water. Add slowly to vegetables, stirring well. Add corn and bring nearly to boiling, stirring frequently; do not boil. Garnish with additional green onion slices, if desired.

Makes 6 servings.

AletheaAnderson
09-12-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm on this one with you, cooler months are coming!

I am so excited about all the possibilities of cooking with our wonderful Watkins products :)

bianca5454
09-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Ah yes........soup season upon us!

You will love Watkins soup base line. While I love all of them, I also love using the mushroom soup base as a rub on roasts. It gives a wonderful flavor and makes a light gravy at the same time. There are SO many ways you can use the soup base line to even your non-soup dishes!

BurningBelief
09-13-2010, 03:22 AM
This sounds delicious! I have my eye on that potato soup though...and can't wait to try it out! :)

WAHMInSoCal
09-13-2010, 08:13 AM
I also love using the mushroom soup base as a rub on roasts. It gives a wonderful flavor and makes a light gravy at the same time. There are SO many ways you can use the soup base line to even your non-soup dishes!

Great Idea Bianca... I'll have to give this a try..

I LOVE Soup Season.. and I'm so glad the cooler weather is hear.. Time for soup, chili's, stews and all things to make you warm and cozy this fall and winter season..

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1