WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

babyprayers
09-09-2010, 06:38 AM
I ordered some really cute halloween stuff to sell on Ebay and it arrived yesterday. Today I will be taking pics and deciding how to sell them...individually or in pack or what? I am also deciding if I want to go just straight auction or auction with BN or BO or what?

I used to sell quite well on Ebay but have not done much but used Ebay as market test for my websites in quite a while. Just had the selling bug in August so decided to sell again this holiday season to see how it goes. If I don't do well in sales, I will just keep working from websites but I kind of miss the Ebay atmosphere...just not all the fees and negative talk from other sellers, you know what I mean?

Anyone else working with Halloween or Thanksgiving inventory and want to chat?

Laura

Diane622
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
While I don't work with just seasonal stuff, I thought I'd add my two cents in. First, congrats on being so prepared in advance! I would never have even thought to get ready for holidays...

The way I usually list on eBay these days is I will run a 7-day aution with a low starting bid (but no lower than what I'll make a small profit on) just to get people bidding. Then if it doesn't sell but it had some watchers, I'll relist it again for a 7-day auction. If this second try doesn't work, I put it in my store for 30 days with a fixed rate and a Best Offer option. After all those avenues have been used up, I gather together inventory that hasn't sold and sell it as a lot.

Hope that offers some suggestions! Good Luck with Halloween, hope you do well!
Diane

jules2445
09-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi Diane & Laura

Good luck with your e Bay listings, it sure isn't what it used to be back in the day.

e Bay search is a pet interest of mine; love to talk in detail about that if you want - but at a slightly higher & technical level...so...I'm asking first -

Are you just hobby sellers or professional full-time in your interests?

ybnegood
09-10-2010, 01:41 PM
I only list when they have their Free Listing periods. I also list my items with different keywords per listing to see what people are searching by. And I do the same listing - 1. with auction and 2 the same with
buy it now/make offer
I would never go with seasonal stuff unless I got it extremely cheap. Don't like to sit on inventory that
has to wait a year to resell.
And it just amazes the crap out of me that sellers do not put a thank you card, or advertisement for their web-site (to encourange off ebay sales)
I have one Chinese seller that only lists 1 piece per auction, and I've been trying to get her to list
A 10 piece lot, but just can't communicate.
Do the math. If it costs you $2.00 in fees to sell something, put a note in with your sale that they can buy more of the same thing $1 less (you both win)
martin

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1