WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Fabric Softener

waltzmom
09-08-2010, 06:29 PM
I recently joined Watkins and don't see that we have fabric softener. What do you folks use for the dryer?

I love the laundry detergent, it is fantastic. I ran out yesterday and used the name brand kind that I use to use and holy smokes the laundry smells yukky compared to how the Lemon Laundry detergent smells on the CLEAN clothes.

Waiting for the delivery man to bring the good laundry stuff.. so the laundry is on hold til tomorrow. My kids thought the load out of the dryer was dirty even after washing with the name brand! ha ha.
Now that is a testimonial.

I would like something to make the laundry softer when it comes out of the dryer? What to use? fabric softener? dryer sheets that are eco friendly?

thanks

DebraFerrie
09-08-2010, 06:36 PM
hmm, I actually gave up dryer sheets many years ago and don't use anything at all in my dryer.
My clothes all come soft and static free.....
I guess I'm no help though, sorry.

littlescotia
09-09-2010, 08:04 AM
I also haven't used dryer sheets or fabric softener in ages.. I don't like the chemicals (two of my 3 kids have skin sensitivities, too.)

There is a recipe somewhere for make your own dryer sheets - involves using a facecloth, but I can't remember what to put on them.

If you are looking for something natural for the wash, put 1/4 cup of vinegar in when you would usually use fabric softener. (I still have those fabric softener balls that were so popular years and years ago, and I've used those to put the vinegar in.) Clothes and towels WON'T smell like vinegar :)

Lori

suse
09-13-2010, 09:18 AM
I had heard a long time ago the dryer sheets make clothes more flamible, so I stopped using them. I second the vinegar in the washer - I only use it with my towel washing. Everything else stays pretty much static free otherwise.

waltzmom
09-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I just bought Mrs. Meyers FABRIC SOFTENER
LEMON VERBENA 32 fl oz, liquid and really like it, but... if the vinegar option would work, then I could save money!

My washer specifically states not to use the "ball" for fabric softener... I have a fabric softener section in my washer for bleach, softener and detergent. I will try the vinegar option there!!

Thanks everyone!

perfect-scents
09-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks all for the vinegar tip! I am going to try that with my towel washing this afternoon.

Can't wait to get my Watkins laundry detergent ordered as well.

mandm'smommy
09-21-2010, 06:24 AM
I do use fabric softener sheets, but in keeping with my "green mentality" I use Method fabric softener sheets---earth friendly--the sheets are actually biodegradable. I think they work very well for those of us who just can't give up those sheets:)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1