WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Older companies that still rock!

DebraFerrie
09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Speaking of older companies from another post.......
As you know, Watkins is well over a century old.
I did a bit of research and saw some other big companies that have been around for a while, and for a good reason...they withstand the test of time and still have consistent growth .

Avon- over 120 years
Estee Lauder founded in 1946
Shiseido- founded in 1872 ( HUGE selling skin care line but bet some folks never heard of it)
Ford-1903
Coca Cola-1886
Tupperware- 1946

PLUS many others I'm sure.....

bianca5454
09-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the interesting post Deb. And, your are right, I have never heard of Shiseido.

I'd like to add one other little fact of trivia in that the Watkins company has only had two owners. The Watkins family held on until the '70 at which time the Jacobs purchased the company. There is a lot to be said about the integrity of a company who doesn't change hands often.

WAHMInSoCal
09-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Thank you..
Great Information..

DebraFerrie
09-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the interesting post Deb. And, your are right, I have never heard of Shiseido.

I'd like to add one other little fact of trivia in that the Watkins company has only had two owners. The Watkins family held on until the '70 at which time the Jacobs purchased the company. There is a lot to be said about the integrity of a company who doesn't change hands often.

ShiSeido is sold at Macy's, Bloomingdales, etc... great line.

BusyBee
09-06-2010, 12:46 PM
ShiSeido is HUGE in Asia!

DeborahDeGrande
09-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I know Shiseido. Huge in Japan. High end stuff.

A few more OLDIES but ever growing goodies are:

SwissJust- (pronounced Swiss Hoost) 75 years old! Party Plan/DS company in Europe.

Wachters- The FIRST and oldest "MLM" company still in business.

Rawleighs products- Similar line to Watkins and just as old. I was raised on Rawleighs and I still have some of the old salves that my Gransparents used on the farm.

And there are plenty more and many more we don't even know about.

Older companies STILL rock!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1