WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Help..

cadzz
08-10-2010, 08:40 PM
So I have finally decided I want to open my online store. I want to sell jewelry. Preferable drop shipping. I am looking for a mentor who has done this before and who is successful to walk me through doing this... Please send me a message if you can help please..

nutmegstatewahm
08-16-2010, 10:09 AM
So I have finally decided I want to open my online store. I want to sell jewelry. Preferable drop shipping. I am looking for a mentor who has done this before and who is successful to walk me through doing this... Please send me a message if you can help please..

Drop shipping can be really dicey - you don't have any control over the product (when it ships, how quickly, what condition it arrives in, etc), which means you can't really guarantee customer satisfaction. In many cases, drop shipping doesn't work out well because they charge you a lot, and the prices you have to charge retail customers in order to make a profit turn out to be not very competitive prices.

Jewelry is a very competitve category, and it will take a lot of work to get your store noticed by customers and search engines, etc. Also, "jewelry" is way too broad - if you are going to sell it, try to focus on a jewelry niche that you love.

I have imported beautiful handcrafted jewelry and sold it online for many years, and the best thing I did was begin with an eBay store and then add other selling venues once I was established there.

If you want to learn about how to obtain your merchandise wholesale, you can take a look at this article on hubpages:
the no-nonsense guide to buying wholesale products for resale (http://hubpages.com/hub/the-no-nonsense-guide-to-buying-wholesale-products-for-resale)

It might give you some helpful insights.

Best of luck!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1