WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

UnitedMommy
07-29-2010, 06:07 PM
I have been a member of a few different mommy forums over the years, but this one is by far the best! I have made so many friends through this site, and learned so much! They are very welcoming and super supportive! It was so helpful to me when I found out I was pregnant with my first son. I thought this might help out some of the other new mommies, or mommies-to-be out there. HTH. :)

MommyAndMore (http://www.mommyandmore1.proboards.com)

MidwestMommax3
07-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks Meagan,
I'll for sure check it out! I'm due Aug. 16th and could as much support as possible. I'm going to be computer-bound since I'm having a c-section. Ahh!

UnitedMommy
07-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Oh no! :( Is this your first baby? I'm actually trying for a VBAC, and due on August 22nd. I definitely know what computer-bound feels like though. If you don't mind me asking, why are you having a c-section?

MidwestMommax3
07-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Well here's the scoop:

Alivia: Had her when I was a junior in college. I got preclampsia out of no where so she was born at 32 weeks (preemie) and they had to do an emergency c-section. I guess the longer she was inside of me the sicker I got. Apparently, I had liver and kidney failure. I'm like, "where did all this come from? I'm just trying to study for finals, lol."

Jr: Then here comes my big man. Almost 11 pounds. Completely full-term. I think they said it's automatic just to have a c-section then a VBAC since they weren't sure how I would do because of my first pregnancy.

Alex: Due Aug. 16th. Given it's a C-section and my doc said I'm too high risk because of my pregnancies and even the surgery will be high risk because they are going through 2 layers of scar tissue.

Hence the reason this is my last child! If I want more, I'll adopt :). My body can't take it anymore and my doc said at the rate I'm going I'll get pregnant year after year.

Funny thing is I've been on birth control since I was 15 (the shot, pills, mirena etc). I guess you can say I'm extra fertile :).

UnitedMommy
07-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh wow! That is crazy! I don't blame you for wanting the support right now. Well, MaM is definitely the place for you. In fact, one of the admins there has had preclampsia through all three of her pregnancies. After the first one, she was told not to have anymore, but she really wanted three kids, so she did. Now, she is done, but she's been through it. She had very difficult pregnancies as well. I'm sure you too would have a lot in common. Have you shown any signs of preclampsia during this pregnancy? I guess not if your 37 weeks and he's still in there! Lol... Are you planning to get your tubes tied after this pregnancy?

MidwestMommax3
07-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Yes, Yes and Yes again! I'm getting them tied, signed the papers awhile ago and very excited! I'm adopted myself so I'm all for adoption. If I ever want to have more kids, I'm going to adopt or do foster care. But I'm good for a long time with the kids I have now.

Thank God, no signs of preclampsia even though my doc was worried about that since before it came out of nowhere.