WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : want to join....but

carlyn
07-12-2010, 05:45 AM
But i know nothing about keeping records, filing taxes, and in general everything it takes to run a home business. I read somewhere you should have a seperate checking account for your business, and a seperate debit card. i am just a little overwelmed since i don't know about any of this. can someone help me to understand all this? thanks.

carlyn

bianca5454
07-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Hi Caryln,
I'd be happy to help you with that. I do not have separate accounts for my Watkins business. I just keep it separate by paper - a file that has all my expenses and income. Also, you don't have to worry about sales taxes as Watkins takes care of that for you. Again, I can go over all that with you.

Feel free to PM me (and/or click on my sig line below). Keep me posted and know I'm here for you! :)

carlyn
07-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Bianca,

I am having a hard time figuring out how to pm you. That is good i don't need a seperate account. So i would have to keep track of expenses and income. expenses would be like gas, and supplies i would use to run a business? and income would be what exactly? also, you said the company takes care of taxes. but at the end of the year what exactly would i need to take to a tax person? Sorry i am asking alot of questions. but i want to know about this before i join. thanks so much.

carlyn

bianca5454
07-12-2010, 07:05 AM
I'll PM you~

carlyn
07-12-2010, 10:49 AM
sorry, i didn't receive your pm. this is very frustrating isn't it? well, hope i can find the information i am looking for, otherwise i see no point in joining and not really knowing what i am doing.........

bianca5454
07-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Is your PM box full? I suggest you contact the mod to find out why you cannot access your PM box.

Keep me posted~:)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1