WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Amy Jacobs
06-11-2010, 07:39 AM
It looks so neat I have never done one before. Was thinking of doing one this time around.

coffee
06-11-2010, 09:03 AM
No, I haven't had it done but friends of mine did and they really enjoyed the 3d ultra sound.

Kelly M
06-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Amy,
I did this with my third pregnancy. it is so neat. I think we paid like $120 for one hour but they ended up giving us 30 extra min because the baby was sleeping and we didn't get to see such movement. They had tv screens in each corner of the room and one big screen in the middle. My two oldest kids sat in front of the smaller tvs to watch, me and hubby watched from the big screen.I laid back in the recliner and we watched our baby. They gave me apple juice and chocolate to wake him up, at the very end he started moving a little. It was an awesome experience. They sent me home with cds and about 30pics. It is definitely worth it.

Amy Jacobs
06-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks Kelly!

Sounds awesome :)

Kelly M
06-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Amy, I meant to tell you. Dont wait too long before you have a 3d ultrasound. They say 20 to 24 wks is best because when the baby gets bigger you want be able to see as much. I went at 32 weeks and it was harder to see because he had less room to move around.Just a helpful little tip for you.

HappyAga
07-31-2010, 05:45 PM
We tried it 3 times but our daughter insisted on hiding....lol

UnitedMommy
07-31-2010, 08:34 PM
I had this done with my first son. I didn't know anything about it, but one day I was having a routine growth scan at the hospital and she just switched the screen over to 3D. It was amazing! He was sucking his thumb in most of the pictures we recieved. It was SO cute! I just checked and mine were done at 24w5d. I don't know if everyone's are about the same, but when you look at my 3D scans and the pictures of DS at birth, they actually look the same! It's crazy to think that you can really see your baby and his/her features before he/she is born.

conceivechild
09-14-2010, 12:19 AM
I did it 4 times because i am not getting pregnant (http://www.notgettingpregnant.com). I want to a baby.

kelfr25
09-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Part of me wanted to do it, but I really wanted to be surprised when she gets here. Since we know the gender, that's kind of the last surprise. Besides that, my hubby's cousin had one done and it was pretty scary looking...

mticknor
10-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Yep I did it! My doctor has one right is his office so we didn't have to pay anything extra for it. Which is really nice! If you are considering doing one wait until it will actually be worth while because we did it at 11 weeks and let's just say the 2-D ultrasound at that point was A LOT cuter, LOL!