WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Seminar 2010

Jolly
06-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Is anyone going? Are you taking luggage? Paying for taking luggage or carry ons?

mkcecilia
06-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I won't be going - too hot for me. Anyone else??

Bobbi Anna
06-12-2010, 06:48 PM
I believe the Ruby seminar is sold out. I'm planning on it next year. Too much happening this summer with family.

Bobbi Anna
06-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know if Kimberly Copeland has a website? Her area is on fire, and I'd love to take a peak. LOL

Jolly
06-12-2010, 08:34 PM
There are so many caverns in that arena.. how could Ruby be sold out? I hear they are no longer using Hall A. Is that so?

Bobbi Anna
06-13-2010, 01:07 PM
No Hall A. They haven't used Hall A for the last couple of years.

MelissaGS
06-13-2010, 02:47 PM
This is the first year they haven't used Hall A for all seminars. It will be an interesting change.
I can't wait to attend with my husband this year. But even more I can't wait to see all the new products and hear all the exciting plans!

Jolly
06-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Your hubby will love it, Melissa. Are you treating him to some special events?

Bobbi Anna
06-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Really. Hmm. My director said they didn't have Hall A the last 2 years.
They might want to rethink that since Ruby is already sold out. :)

Jolly
06-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Really. Hmm. My director said they didn't have Hall A the last 2 years.
They might want to rethink that since Ruby is already sold out. :)

It most likely would be cost prohibitive for corporate to rent Hall A this year. The numbers of those attending Seminar are declining.. I mean.. paying for luggage, delays, increasing airfare.. All that is prohibitive enough... add to that the factthat there are less consultants in US and you wonder what will happen to all the hoopla. Flying used to be much easier.

Bobbi Anna
06-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Just got word that Pearl and Sapphire seminars are almost sold out.

Jolly
06-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Just got word that Pearl and Sapphire seminars are almost sold out.

Good thing they cancelled Hall A.. Compacts everyone together.. More motivation to register early next year. Not for me, however. I have been to many many seminars. Now... I love my summer on the lake. Saving the money for a warm weather trip this winter.

sparkler
06-19-2010, 09:32 AM
I can't wait to see how the stage is dressed this year to create illusions. Quite a magical act -- better than Vegas!

Jolly
06-19-2010, 02:13 PM
I can't wait to see how the stage is dressed this year to create illusions. Quite a magical act -- better than Vegas!

But no SLOT MACHINES!....mmmm... Unless you gamble on the popularity of the limited edition items. (Should I stock up and have leftovers on my shelf forever? .. or do I take orders and hope they do not get "declared sold out" ?

Jolly
06-19-2010, 02:17 PM
When BELOVED NSD Nancy Tietgen retired ....I wondered if Seminar would be sold out . Figured EVERYONE in her area would want to bid her adieu. But my NSD said to me, personally, that there would always be enough room in that convention center for as many consultants as registered. She's been back stage enough to know... I just don't think it is really sold out.. as in we have run out of room.

sparkler
06-19-2010, 06:09 PM
I just don't think it is really sold out.. as in we have run out of room.

It's all part of a game -- as in "answer your phone breathlessly - in a hurried rush - to give the impression that you are on your way out the door." This gives the caller the impression that you really don't have a lot of time to spend with her on the phone.

But alas, 'tis only an impression -- same as "everything is sold out."

Jolly
06-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Could be any thing. A few years ago Corporate was threatening to move Seminar out of Dallas. that was because some movement was going on to add more taxes to hotel fees. I just think numbers are down all over if air travel is involved. You can't carry much in a carry on and you have to pay extra for checked luggage. Not good for a Mary Kay comvention full of ball gowns and hair spray and bottles of skin care. And who knows? Maybe there really ARE fewer consultants.. Fewer directors.

sparkler
06-20-2010, 01:08 PM
And who knows? Maybe there really ARE fewer consultants.. Fewer directors.

A convention photo (or two) speaks a thousand words!

Jolly
06-20-2010, 02:37 PM
I suppose the Chamber of Commerce in Dallas? Better yet.. the POLICE Department.. The Vendors... Seriously... I no longer enjoy flying.... I will do it this winter... that's about it.

PinkPea
06-22-2010, 07:42 AM
I agree with Jolly.

It's a very nice experience to go to Seminar once or twice, or even three times. You'll get a lot of helpful information, meet new friends, and enjoy the hoopla. However, after about the third or fourth time, the information is the same, the heat seems even more intense, the vendors more pushy, and the new friends you met in previous years ... nowhere to be found (usually). It is a good experience though ... but so is having an ice cream in your cool backyard by the pool and saving your money.

Loving thoughts to all,

Pink Pea

sparkler
06-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I vote for the ice cream in my back yard!!! :-)

Jolly
06-22-2010, 03:41 PM
It's ninety degrees. I live on a lake. have my own boat, my own beach, Think about it.

sparkler
06-23-2010, 03:01 AM
What do you want me to bring, Jolly; and what time should I be there? :-D

Jolly
06-23-2010, 09:41 PM
What do you want me to bring, Jolly; and what time should I be there? :-D
Bring a glass.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1