WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Need help with wholsale questions

smith316
05-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi, I want to start selling shoes and handbags maybe jewlry at a flea market in my area. While on a trip I saw a lady selling shoes on the side of the road, they were nice, womens and kids, she was selling them for 5.00 per pair. Since I live in another town and wanted to start selling shoes, I asked her about her business. All she would tell me is that she usually sells on her website and that she had to get out and sell because her net was down and the company just kept sending shoes and she didn't have anywhere to put them, she wouldn't give the name of the company where she gets them.
Does anyone know of a wholesale company where I could buy products cheap enough to resell them? I have researched some companies and I can't get them cheap enough to resell.
Can I get returns and overstocks from stores in my area?
Anybody have any idea?
Thanks

ybnegood
06-17-2010, 07:57 PM
I dont think any shoes are made in the u.s. anymore. So to find sources, you need to contact overseas manufacturers and buy directly from them, or at least find out who carries their shoes at wholesale in the u.s.
If you go to alibaba.com and search : shoes you will find mfrs and a contact you can email. It's ok to say
I want to sell your shoes, but I cant buy 10000 pair - how do I get started. Unlike most u.s. companies
they will be eager to sell to you in smaller quantities, or put you in touch with their wholesale contacts.

I just imported a product from China that the company advertised minimum purchase was 20000 pieces
After a few emails they agreed to sell me 400 pieces at a good price to start.

Cant hurt to ask - maybe you'll strike paydirt!!!
pm or email me if you need more help

martin

Brandi78
07-23-2010, 05:55 AM
She probably found a liquidation supplier. I used to buy liquidation all the time and resell it on ebay. Clothing, shoes, etc from kmart, sears, Macys, etc.

Anyone can do this you just need to find a supplier. You do not even need a license.

[link removed by mod]

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1