WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

pray4richard
03-24-2006, 01:43 AM
can you really make money with these?look at the the left side of the screen and click on ads by google,anyone ever try them?thanks for any help

lancer
03-28-2006, 09:55 PM
I use them on my site and I make a few cents (and dollars) here and there...

melodi
04-01-2006, 10:14 AM
I use very few on my site. I would use more, but my site is about legit work at home opportunities. Google adsense reads the content of your site to determine what ads would be relevant to your site--and unfortunately, almost every adsense ad is something that is not what I would consider legit, so I just think it looks back. I do have a small bar across the bottom of every page and I get about $7-8.00/mo from it. I think would you could earn would depend on the content of your site and how many goodle ads you put on. I also had the search bar on my site for awhile, but in a month, no one used it so I took it off. I think people that are making the most with google ads are doing so because their site was created to earn income with google ads and they run them in the middle of their content, etc. You could probably earn a lot more that way.

noraserenity
04-15-2006, 01:31 PM
The income that is available with Google Adsense depends on how busy
your website is, how well targeted your traffic is, and how relevant
the ads being served are. For example, a website with medium traffic
that has free information about setting up blogs, how to use blogs to
keep in touch with family, stimulate interest in your business etc, is
likely to serve ads from blog software companies, hosting companies and
other blog related businesses... chances are this site will have a
decent click through ratio, as most people looking at the site are
interested in setting up blogs. The person who made that site likely
made it because of their genuine interest in weblogs and a desire to
share what they know, or have a document to refer people to when they
are emailing them with questions (I use this example because I know a
gal who has done this), and adding google adsense seemed like a good
idea to help pay for the hosting. The girl I know has had google
adsense up since early February and has generated $75 in revenue from
the adsense ads. Google only pays out after it reaches $100, so we are
not talking about a major cash cow here, but it can help out! She gets
around 180-250 unique hits per day.

Personally I think for a commercial business adsense is not feasible,
because you wouldn't want to be serving ads for your competition on
your own site! I am considering setting up adwords on my directory, but
it doesn't get much traffic so it probably would not add up to a whole
lot in the long run! But who knows... might help :)

happygal
04-17-2006, 01:18 PM
To me it seems like you are asking if you can make money actually doing the things in the google ads? If you are asking about the goodle ads themselves, you should already have your answer, but if you're asking can you make money doing surveys...yes you can, but I wouldn't do it through that link. Research the good sites that pay and sign up for them on your own...A much better way to do it and it will cut down on any spam substantially.

melodi
04-17-2006, 05:51 PM
I agree with happygal about the surveys, you can make money and I also have a list of ones on my site that have all been screened to make sure they have a privacy policy that ensures you are not solicited nor is your email sold. You won't make enough to pay your mortgage, but I usually get several checks every week for $5 or so. The stuffing envelopes deal is not good though, and probably the ad about the surveys will take you to some site that is either promoting a site where you pay to get a list of market research companies, or it is a site where the so called paid surveys are actually signing up for offers, so be careful.

lancer
04-17-2006, 06:04 PM
When it comes to survey companies, yes they do pay (although not much). I usually get paid about $5-$7 per survey completed.

Here's the one that I use regularly: RECOMMENDATION</span> (http://www.ispycoupons.com/recommends/aco)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1