WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : KIDS Insect Repellent

littlescotia
05-17-2010, 04:48 AM
I'm pretty excited about this product! Insect repellent for kids! (I plan on using it myself, this summer when I do the Farmers Markets.)

Watkins Official Home Business Opportunity Web Site | Insect Repellent Spray - For Kids (http://www.watkinsonline.com/productdetail.cfm?Product=33086&gCatalogLocale=CAN&ECredit=384890)

I had a peek at the US catalogue, and didn't see it there, though. Canadian only, for now I guess?

Lori

suse
05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
I haven't heard of it yet - in Minnesota.

Yuliya Mironova
05-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I must admit, I'm curious why a kids' insect repellant would be different from an adults' one, or just a "people's one"? Do insects know/care that it's a kid they're about to bite/sting, do you get a different type of insect lower down, nearer the ground, or what? Or is there some ingredient in normal insect repellants which is thought inadvisable for kids (in which case should anyone be using it at all)? :confused:

littlescotia
05-25-2010, 03:24 AM
This insect repellent has less Deet in it. Deet, in the percent that it's applied to adults, hasn't been approved in Canada for kids under 12. (since our bodies absorb 60% of what we put on the skin, smaller bodies would be affected faster?)

The kids insect repellent has less percent of deet in it, and that they got approved by the Canadian Health Board is something, as it can take months and months for testing and approval. Personally, I don't go camping or spend time in the shade where I would need something like that - However I am doing a farmers market this summer, and may need it. If I have to use it at all, I'd rather use a lower level of it. So many people who hunt, fish, camp, use it every day they are out there, because of West Nile virus.

Angela123
05-25-2010, 03:34 AM
looks interesting. My youngest daughter came home from school camp last year covered in a horrible rash, couldn't work out what caused it. We figured out after another episode of the same rash, that the new bottle of "Off" I had given her for camp was the culprit.
We always go the kids or sensitive skin versions for her now. Funny, she isn't allergic to anything else.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1