WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : It's Been awhile!

Artist4Sale
05-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Goodness! I haven't been on WAHM forever and even longer on this folder. Where did all the old posts go? So how is everyone? I am still in Alaska!! We were supposed to be getting ready to retire and heading to PA for an ROTC job and his orders got deleted. SOOOOO we are in Alaska 1 more year, and he heads to Saudi Arabia for a year. And HOPING the Army keeps its word (yeah right, lol) and we get Hawaii next!

So where has everyone been? What is new?

Stacey

Mrs1stSgt
05-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Hey Stacey I am still around once in a while. We are back in Kansas. 1 year and 11 months until retirement. The army can not promise us anything but a retirement party. DH completed his masters while we were stationed in Fort Bliss, so it is time to get out to make some real money. We have topped the pay charts command sgt major does not pay anymore. good to see you on wahm. keep in contact.
Lisa

chrlstoncharmed
05-26-2010, 09:34 AM
I haven't been here in ages, either! Good to see some other military spouses here, though.

Hubby is back from Iraq and we will soon be on our way to Ft Huachuca AZ where he took a job as a BOLCIII instructor. He's been teaching BOLC for years, so ... nothing new really. ;)

Artist4Sale
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey Lisa! Good to hear you are doing well! Well we were supposed to be in PA for an ROTC job and we were actually going to buy a house there and retire. BUT my husbands orders got deleted, since the guy he was replacing put in his retirement paperwork. So the choices we had were: New York, but going to Afghanistan, Kansas, going to Iraq or Saudi Arabia and we stay in Alaska, BUT he had to leave in July (actually this past tues) and he hadn't even been home a full year yet from Iraq. UGH! Totally sucks!

Stacey

Mrs1stSgt
07-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Time to retire girl, 1 year 8 months for us, My thoughts and prayer are with you.
Lisa

Artist4Sale
07-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah that was the plan going to PA, he was going to be an ROTC instructor and kinda phase out ya know? Now he has to figure out what he wants to do when he grows up lol!

Stacey