WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How bad do you want it?

DebraFerrie
05-14-2010, 07:08 PM
in other words......How MUCH do you want it?
I just got an e-mail from a very nice lady today enquiring about the La Bella basket business opportunity. We got to e-mailing back and forth and in one e-mail she said "WOW. HOW do you do it? ( meaning how do I have a few home businesses?)
Well, let me backtrack a minute first and explain. I have 2 very solid businesses with Avon ( since 2003) and with Mia Bella (since 2007). I love them and I love helping the people on my team in any way I can.
However my WHY just gets bigger and bigger, my eyes just keep seeing MORE and MORE out there, I keep looking at my 3 kids and seeing them grow so fast..I love to take them on vacations frequently and I want to go even MORE often!
I want the money to pay for their colleges when the time comes. I want to move to an even bigger more beautiful house. ETC ETC ETC..
BUT I am not one of those people who will sit back and wish for it. I am seriously working to make it happen and I see great new changes everyday. Like new companies that can be worked from home online!
Do recently I also joined 2 business that can be worked 100% online. I researched long and hard on one and listened to a fantastic leaders advice about another (you know who you are)

So ,l back to my e-mails, this lady asked, HOW can I do this..she has 3 kids too , how can I make the time, etc...She said she has been with several other companies and they "didn't work out'.
So I replied simply about my" WHY". I then asked her about her "Why". I asked her "How bad do you want it"?
I explained that after my husband got ill , I knew I had to work more from home. After he passed away I knew I would never work outside of my home again ( wouldn't ever want to) and now that I am raising my kids alone, I want the BEST of the best and I AM going to make it happen.

And as with any home business, you have to WORK it to make it WORK for you!

I think La Bella is a fabulous opportunity that supports single Moms and I am already very pleased with the company in many ways.

Today, my fingers are on fire as I type this and I'm asking You all, How bad do YOU want it?

Let's all be empowered by our successes
We have much to be proud of being Wahms and should never put down others based on what business they choose to be with or how they choose to run their business. We should encourage women like the one I e-mailed with today, to take charge of their lives now! It's a decision they just wont regret.

Best wishes to you all for MUCH Success.
~Debra

AngelaSam
05-15-2010, 05:38 PM
My big WHY... I've had Multiple Sclerosis (MS) for 8yrs. I suffer daily with physical challenges, but I don't let it stop me from moving forward. I can still dream of helping my family, even with my physical challenges.

I am no longer able to work full-time outside of the home. La Bella has empowered me to use my Ability regardless of my disAbility. Everyone has their own personal disAbility that holds them back from achieving a dream...it's that little voice in your head that says, "I can't do it because______ ."

Push pass that voice because as my favorite quote says....

"And the day came whe the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin (1903-1977).

We can all "blossom" ;)

DebraFerrie
05-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Love that quote!
And wonderful for YOU for taking charge and keeping that disAbility from holding YOU back!

Best wishes,

Debra

WAHMInSoCal
05-15-2010, 06:51 PM
"And the day came whe the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin (1903-1977).

We can all "blossom" ;)

I love this quote..
Thank you for sharing :)

Teresa

AngelaSam
05-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Thank you both for your kind words :)

The Blossom quote sustains me, hopefully others can receive the true message of the quote

Often our WHY is negative/tight in the bud with why we CAN'T reach a dream. We all need to see it takes hard work to blossom, it doesn't come overnight. A flower needs time to blossom. First we sow, water tend to the plant, pick the weeds (negative thoughts that try to overcome us), but if we're patient and steadfast the flower will blossom because that is it's true nature....to blossom :cool: