WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

littlescotia
04-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Farmers Market and outdoor sales are going to be starting in a few weeks! (I'm in Ontario, and we traditionally start these things on May 24 weekend.) I'm pretty excited to get started. All winter I've worked pretty intensely online, but I really really enjoy being outside and talking to people.

I wasn't ALWAYS that way. And, without the security of my tent, table and Watkins, I'm pretty SHY. But, when I'm behind the table and people are coming to ME, it makes it so easy.

I make biscotti, cookies and breads with Watkins products, and always have flyers and business cards on the table. I'm not allowed to have product on the table at these particular markets, but I do bring it and leave it under the table.

It's amazing how many people already KNOW the product and know exactly what they want!

Do any of you have any table sales or trade shows lined up??

Lori

littlescotia
06-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Update on the market.

Last week was week 2 of our local Farmers Market. I don't have more than a few things on my table, and they are sort of hidden (Vanilla, Liniment, Cinnamon, Pepper, Petro Carbo and Menthol salve, plus the insect repellents and sunscreen.) Soon I'll get some pics of my table..

Still, I've been doing really well with the markets! People just KNOW what they want when it comes to Watkins, but I have had a few people place orders for other things - lotions and cleaners that I normally don't keep under the table at market :)

Between market, the word of mouth with my friends, and all the ads I've got online and in the local buy and sell paper, it's getting busy!

Life is Good :)
I"m glad I got such amazing training.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1