WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Had a Coffee Today!

coffee
04-26-2010, 12:46 PM
I broke down and made myself a cup of coffee today. Up until now I haven't had a cup. Last pregnancy I gave it up cold turkey. This time around, I want coffee everyday.

Amy Jacobs
04-27-2010, 07:44 AM
I tried drinking coffee the other day it came up faster then I was able to drink it. I now have no desire for it. I cant wait to get through this m/s phase!

coffee
05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
My m/s is finally over! :) Thank goodness!!

Kiernansmom
06-28-2010, 08:47 PM
I have coffee almost everyday, though 1st tri I had an aversion to it. That aversion is starting to come back now that I'm almost in my third tri, lol. Well goodbye coffee...it was fun while it lasted.

aussieroo1
08-17-2010, 12:29 AM
I heard drinking coffee for pregnant women is strictly prohibited. Well anyways it is for your baby's own good so giving up coffee for him will not be a heavy sacrifice.

Rachel123
08-17-2010, 01:33 AM
I heard drinking coffee for pregnant women is strictly prohibited. Well anyways it is for your baby's own good so giving up coffee for him will not be a heavy sacrifice.

I believe our body knows what we need - if it cries out for a cup of coffee, that is fine. If you'll go by formal diet, you might end up starving :)

KristenG
08-17-2010, 04:48 AM

Please try to post supportive comments. That's why we are here on WAHM. She obviously already knows that it's not the best for the baby...that's why she hadn't been having it. Your post really pissed me off because my guess is that you are a guy and you have no idea what it's like to be pregnant.

So coffee mom, enjoy :) I feel that we all do our very best when we're pregnant and as Rachel said if you listened and followed all of the rules you'd be eating a very strict diet. So enjoy those things that your body tells you it needs (excluding drugs and alcohol of course).

Addition:
After stepping away for a little while I am back to apologize if I was harsh to Aussieroo or was completely off base with my assumption. I've just been a little frustrated on WAHM lately, but I also don't like to be negative so wanted to edit my original post a bit :)

Determinedmommy
09-14-2010, 09:27 AM
I too have been drinking coffee lately. I'm 4 months pregnant. I've read in several places, as well as heard from my own Dr. that 1-2 cups of caffeine is OK. (They say try to avoid it, but if you can't, don't overdue it.) I make my coffee weaker than most people anyway, but I also felt guilty. I think Rachel123 is right!

Funny too- I also gave it up easily with my last pregnancy, and did for the first couple months of this pregnancy, but now I constantly want it! They are so right when they say every pregnancy is different.