WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Wathins Tasting Parties

rubymom
04-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Does anyone do them and what do you bring to one when it comes to food? Or does your hostess prepare all the samples? Thanks.

The Watkins Man
04-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Watkins changed the name to living natural parties. There is a really good training dvd that I would recommend.

rubymom
04-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Watkins changed the name to living natural parties. There is a really good training dvd that I would recommend.

Sorry. I just signed up and am new. But thanks.

littlescotia
04-07-2010, 04:10 AM
HI!
On the Watkinsonline site, in your backoffice, under

Business Bulletin-->Downloadable forms-->Living Naturall Event Guide

You can read up on some ideas of what to do for your parties, what to bring, and what to let the hostess prepare (remember, she's getting a big discount, and so having her do a little work is OK!)

Good Luck, and let us know how you do!

Lori

bianca5454
04-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Welcome to the Watkins family! I know you will love it!

When I first started, I hosted an open house/launch party. I based the party on 'senses' - taste, smell, feel. I offered three different dips (spicy, neutral and sweet) with chips, veggies, crackers. Another great option is to make up one cheese ball flavored with the dip mixes.

If you want, it's real easy to make mini cupcake size pies for your guests to try (banana is a favorite with a slice of banana in each cup - yum)!

I also had lotions and salves they could try as well as the menthol camphor series (breath drops, salve, spray).

I had a basket of samples for drawings - filling out a form with their info (but basically, I let them each have one). I also had folders made up with the catalogs and order forms. I had some guests that were very familiar with Watkins and they pretty much sold the event!

So, I based this off of a being my first party. If you are planning a first party with a host, you may want to help them out with making up some of the products. If you want your host to do it, the Natural living set will give suggestions as to what your host can do.

Another show I did (at my home) was a Winter warm up and I made soup, bread, a dip and dessert. It was all very simple to throw together (and inexpensive). Of course I also offered pampering items for guests to try.

You can theme your event based on the season and really do anything you want. Just go for it! It's a lot of fun!

HTH! :) Keep us posted~;)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1