WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Booth ideas

AngieGreenMN
04-01-2010, 06:18 AM
I plan to do several craft/vendor expos in April. Do you have any neat or creative ideas for display, name collection, or anything else? I don't think the booth will be close to the bathrooms so I don't think I'll be able to do Satin Hands?

TSmom
04-01-2010, 07:45 AM
What about offering lipstick samples? I would also have a drawing available. This will help you collect leads. Good luck!

AngieGreenMN
04-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Wonderful ideas. I've been told to plan for about 100 to stop by the booth, so lipstick samples are a good, reasonably priced choice. And I think I'll perhaps do a giveaway with the "Miracle in a Month" trial-sized Miracle Set to get a new skincare customer. Thanks so much!!

MelissaGS
04-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I've always displayed the fragrances for everyone to smell when I've done a booth. Since it's not normally something they do at a class.

Always make sure to have your business cards and books handy. I always have a drawing for a prize and then a bonus for scheduling a party or ordering online when they get home.

craftingkits
04-01-2010, 02:02 PM
I have heard about this kissology game where they can see personality traits based on their kiss. They try on lipstick, kiss an index card and then compare it to the master list. I think it can be find on intouch.

AngieGreenMN
04-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Well I did my first booth (thank you for all your suggestions!!). My two challenges were:

at a craft/vendor fair people really want to buy on the spot. While I certainly didn't have anyone say "never mind," they just naturally gravitated to booths with things for purchase.
a creative Beauticontrol consultant had a sink-like table set up at her booth and could do her Satin Hands type product on the spot, and that drew attention to her! I mean, really, no one wanted to do Satin Hands with me then go all the way to the bathroom to wash it off.

It still was a productive day for me, I'm just posing these 2 things for others to think about and be prepared to handle if you do a booth! I have another one in 2 weeks and will change a few things, so I'm glad I got my first one out of the way so I could learn and improve!

TraciZ
04-12-2010, 08:31 AM
I am doing a booth with my recruiter on the 17th. I am not exactly sure what she has in mind to do. I know she said something about getting a wheel from her mom so people can spin it but not sure what is on it or anything. When I know more I will post it on here.

Traci

WooTini
04-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Excuse me for crashing this folder (but I love you guys!) :) .....

To Angie: What else do you know about the "sink" like set-up that a BC gal was using?

In Jafra, we have an incredible Ginger Sea Salt body scrub that we do a "satin hands" thing with. It's one of my top sellers because it is such an "instant gratification" thing. So, I'd like to hear how others have dealt with needing water at a booth to do such a thing.

I have heard of some gals using one of those water coolers on a stand and using a basin under it (which doesn't sound appealing to me).

I think a consultant could sell boatloads of hand treatment sets at a booth if she could quickly, easily, and effectively demo these products. But to me, that means dealing with having warm water and loads of towels. I can deal with the towels... but how to have warm water and a "catch" system?

Curious to hear more.....

sparkler
04-13-2010, 04:42 AM
I think a consultant could sell boatloads of hand treatment sets at a booth if she could quickly, easily, and effectively demo these products.

Maybe a Jafra consultant could sell boatloads of hand treatments (or anything else), but a MK consultant is prohibited by her contract from selling anything at booth-type settings. The only thing she can do is display products, conduct raffles for product give-aways (lost profits), give away samples/booklets, and collect names.

EstyGirl
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Woo-- I think you need to put on your esthetician hat for this. The solution is obvious!!

I don't know if you are an active esty or not, but if you are and you have a hot towel cabi-- use that!! I've used it at shows before and it works great! Plus, the warm towels feel nice and to me it adds a nice touch.

I can fit 24 towels into my cabi at one time. If its a busy show, make sure you have plenty of backup dry towels ready to wet and throw in. Only takes 20 minutes or so for the towels to get warm.

holisticchic
04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
BINGO!! Great idea!

AngieGreenMN
04-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Awesome idea with the hot towels!

For WooTini: the sink was basically a small table with a metal bowl in the middle, hole in the bottom of the bowl which drained probably to a bucket underneath. She used a pitcher of water which had to be refilled every once in awhile.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1