WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

littlescotia
03-26-2010, 11:59 AM
I almost forgot...(continuing the big long 'question" thread, that has taken a life of it's own...hehe.)

When you join as an associate (getting the immediate discount) there is a new associate kit option that saves you BIG.

Buy a $250 gift certificate for only $159... when you use it, together with your discount, you're saving about 50% off the products. When you use that certificate, with your discount, on SALE products, you saving even MORE. (or earning more in pocket, if you are reselling the products.)

I bought that one early on, and used it with the online code, before the physical gift certificate even got to my house :)

Lori

Elysium
03-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Oh, Oh... You went and did it now!
I'm trying to do the math on this and I'm going into a blonde moment....

So...
$250 of Watkins goodies
- $91 (gift certificate discount)
= joining Watkins and getting a bunch of awesome products for super cheap!! (Ooops... I mean frugal!)

The temptation continues.....

littlescotia
03-26-2010, 02:08 PM
That $250 would be on your discount... so I think it would go something like this... ( i could be wrong, too... doing math before dinner and zooped up on coffee.)

The $250 you spend is on your discounted rate, so it's something like:

$330 RETAIL
- 25% associate discount
= $247.50

= $156.50

so, if my math is right, this is $330 retail of Watkins products for $159.00.

And, does anyone know if you have to use that $250 in one go? Although, it would make sense to, to spend less on shipping (I did it all in one go.)

so, in conclusion...

a $39.99 membership is WELL worth it, even if you only ever use it to get the one time deal, but also to get the 25% discount, plus bonuses...

Elysium
03-26-2010, 03:38 PM
I think I remember reading something on the Watkins site for new associates called a 'Gift Certificate Assortment', where you could get $250 worth of product for $159 CAN and $200 worth of product for $129 US. (About 10% more than the usual 25% discount for associates). Is this something different?

littlescotia
03-26-2010, 05:10 PM
no, that's what I'm referring to. :) you buy the gift certificate... then cash it in with your associate order.

debajack
03-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Hello,

First time posting and just signed up this week. Is there a way to purchase gift certificates in small increments? I'd like to use these as a thank you for my customers.

Debora

watkinsindel
03-27-2010, 06:22 AM
You can buy gift certificates starting at $10.

When you buy a gift certificate you get your associate discount at the time of purchase and points at that time. Any bonus income you would earn that month you would also get in your bonus check.

When you redeem the gift certificate you do not get additional points or discounts. The upgrade assortment that includes a $200 gift certificate is discounted more then the 25%. What I described above is how the regular gift certificates work.

Say you buy $200 worth of products you would get your discount on those products when you go to pay you can use your gift certificate that you already purchased and pay for products. Shipping has to be paid by another method, you can only buy products with the gift certificate, no catalogs, samples, or shipping.

watkinsindel
03-27-2010, 06:24 AM
And, does anyone know if you have to use that $250 in one go? Although, it would make sense to, to spend less on shipping (I did it all in one go.)

Yes you have to use the entire gift certificate at once.

debajack
03-27-2010, 07:43 AM
I've been looking all over the place and don't see where to purchase these individual gift certificates. I see the upgrade certificate for $129.00 but not individual ones. This is so confusing.

Debora:confused:

Krina
03-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Hi Debora
If you got to the main Watkinsonline.com page on the left hand side you will see where it lists Gifts. The gift certificates are listed in there.
Hope this helps.

bianca5454
03-27-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm jumping in here a bit late, but just wanted to say What a great thread!

Watkins is an amazing company with second to none benefits. I also love the longevity - so many of us have been in this for years! :)

The Watkins Man
03-27-2010, 11:48 AM
I think I remember reading something on the Watkins site for new associates called a 'Gift Certificate Assortment', where you could get $250 worth of product for $159 CAN and $200 worth of product for $129 US. (About 10% more than the usual 25% discount for associates). Is this something different?

You are right.

Elysium
03-27-2010, 11:55 AM
When you redeem the gift certificate you do not get additional points or discounts. The upgrade assortment that includes a $200 gift certificate is discounted more then the 25%.

See, this is where it can get confusing, depending on how you read it.

When you purchase the new associate certificate ($250 CAN/ $200 US) you are already getting your extra discount at -that- time right? (about 35% discount). So would that mean you're getting $250 for $159 (35% discount) or getting $330 for $159 (50% discount)?

So sorry for the redundant question, but I want to make sure I understand this right for the future (and for anyone else who may be confused).

littlescotia
03-27-2010, 04:53 PM
The gift certificate amount, for the associate, would go towards your already discounted price.

So, it ends up being 50% off the original RETAIL price.

(I hope that made sense. I just got out of a menthol bath, slathered on the White liniment to my back and knee, and I'm feeling all comfy, lazy and dopey. )

Lori

Elysium
03-27-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm sure it's long made sense to everyone else, but I turn 50 this year.... and the approaching senior moments colliding with the blonde moments.... well, yea. :o

So what you're saying is when an associate goes to 'checkout' after shopping at their Watkins site, they will still receive a 25% discount reduction on top of using an already discounted certificate? You can actually do a double dipping like that??

Example: Purchase *approx* $330 retail of products ~ receive 25% discount at checkout reducing it to *approx* $250 ~ then use discounted associate certificate to pay for it.

I guess I was assuming that when you put in the certificate code, it meant all bets were off as far as any other discounts being applied to the retail price total.

Example: Purchase $250 retail ~ then use discounted associate certificate to pay for it.

littlescotia
03-28-2010, 08:30 AM
You got it!

25% comes off FIRST for your associate discount, then you have a $250 gift certificate to use, that you only paid $159 for (in Canada)

or the US is

25% comes off, THEN you use your $200 gift certificate to use, that you only paid $129 for.

You can only get this bonus gift certificate once, though.

Lori

Elysium
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Holy Cow!!

Wow, so here in the US we would get a good $265 worth of Watkins retail products for only $129! That's a LOT of product for such a great deal... *drool*

The really cool thing too is associates have 90 days upon signing up to decide if they want to take advantage of any of these assortments.... just more of that awesome "no pressure" Watkins goodness!

*does the happy dance*

littlescotia
03-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I loved that part, too! I got to get my little wee kit, do some training... and then when I knew where I was going to go with my business, I chose my kits.

I got the WYH first, I believe... then the gift certificate... and I DID get the naturally living one, too. Knowing I was going to be growing a team, I wanted to have first hand knowledge on the different ways to work this business, in order to be able to answer questions. (although my upline team mates have always been quite awesome with all my training and questions.)

Lori

Elysium
03-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Ok well, not like it will be much of a surprise to anyone, but....

I've joined Watkins!

All the great discounts and assortment options alone make it very worthwhile to join.

Thanks Lori for being such a helpful and informative sponsor! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer so many questions (I'm sure there will be more...) :eek:

I am REALLY looking forward to spending the next several weeks trying out more of the Watkins goodies and getting to know the company. I've only recently signed up, and I have already received lots of very helpful information from the most friendly people ever in this team!

At this point, I really only joined to enjoy the products at discount, but I have to admit...the more team/company info I read, the more amazed I am at what this company does for its associates. So who knows what the future holds!

watkinsindel
03-29-2010, 04:13 AM
Welcome to Watkins - you are going to love it!!!!

littlescotia
03-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Yaaaay!

Welcome to the team :) You can email me anytime (I'm almost always near a computer!)

I love how excited you are about the products and company. I've been with Wakins for nearly 9 months now, and i'm still that excited!

Lori

bianca5454
03-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the Watkins family! You have a super sponsor in Lori! :)

Krina
03-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Welcome to Watkins. I am sure you are going to love it.

Elysium
03-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Thank you for all the warm welcomes! I am enjoying all the emails and site information, while getting to know the people and the company.

I noticed something interesting while looking around sites the last few weeks...
Most companies, when you click on their links to their sites, will show pictures of women with foo-foo hairstyles and gobs of make-up on them looking, um... perfect. You know, its the type that usually says, "Look 20 years younger like me" kinda stuff. And the men are usually standing next to their yachts (surrounded by yet more of these perfect women), in the most expensive clothes ever, holding fistfuls of money. It just always seemed to make the product and the company "unreal" to me. I guess I'm just not into the glamour scene.

When looking at pictures of people involved with Watkins, I see families of down-to-earth, wholesome people just being themselves. I read statements from people who clearly care about others and their environment. And I see a company making constant efforts to support all of this with their products and their actions... even down to saying "Please consider the environment before printing this email."

I love the old-fashioned, caring, natural lifestyle of Watkins. It just feels a lot more "real" to me.
I highly recommend it to anyone looking for products you can feel good about and a company that cares.

littlescotia
03-30-2010, 07:13 PM
You know, I never thought of it before, but the REAL people you see in our training, in quotes, and in our teams newsletters and literature... are ALL real people. I also love that so many of those people are on our teams conference calls, so you can hear it in their VOICES just where they've all come from.

Those people making the BIG bucks are just like you and I, and started in places just like we've been. And, gives me faith that people like you and I can get there, too, with their training.

Lori

The Watkins Man
03-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Welcome to Watkins

Elysium
04-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Whoa!

I was already pretty happy to find out about the 25% discount for all associates... and then I was very excited to learn about the new associate assortment options for even further savings... now I am seeing that Watkins also has "associate only sales" as well! (We're talking about $7.49 items for only $2.49!!)

You can tell the associates are having a field day... these items are going fast! (This company is too fun, lol).

Talk about a frugal person's dream!

WAHMInSoCal
04-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Congrats.. :)
Welcome to the Watkins Family..

Teresa Turner

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1