WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

luvamom
03-25-2010, 05:33 PM
So who have left old fashioned scrapbooking and is now doing Stampin Up Digital??

robbieandlauren
03-25-2010, 07:57 PM
me. :)

-melissa

lorah
03-28-2010, 01:24 AM
I love traditional scrapbooking. I'm not so crazy about digital. But that's just me. I love picking the papers, touching all the embellishments laying things out and rearranging to get them just so. I don't think I would ever 'go digital', I enjoy traditional too much!

Lora

JoyfulHome
06-06-2010, 06:32 AM
I always loved the idea of scrapbooking, but became immediately overwhelmed every time I walked into the scrapbook aisle at the craft store. So when I discovered digital through Heritage Makers, I fell in love and haven't turned back! I don't have the room to store lots of papers, embellishments, tools, etc., nor do I want to have to find the time to pull everything out and set up a work space just to turn around and spend a bunch of time filing it all back away when I'm done. I like having everything at my fingertips when I log in to my online account. I also much prefer to use every minute I have available having fun designing my pages and recording the stories rather than hauling the parts back and forth.

That said, I do understand the allure of creating with your hands. For that reason, some digi-scrappers design their basic page online and then add embellishments and special mementos after the page is printed. Seems like a great solution to both issues, imho. :)

Blessings,
Christy

Bren in MA
06-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Full disclosure - I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE combining digital pages with "real life" embellishments. What a HUGE time saver and the results are even better than one or the other on their own.

Love the time savings, the money savings, the MESS savings (LOL!)

silverbabe
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Old fashioned! I am 100% an old fashioned girl!!

michellenab
07-26-2010, 11:33 AM
I used to be a traditional scrapbooker until I came across my company now. I LOVE everything about the digital scrapbooking. With Heritage Makers Premier account, I can choose papers, embellishments, etc. and customize my books and projects any way I want. Plus, I can have gifts, cards, and invitations sent to the recipients all with a personal touch less than a Hallmark card. It just makes sense to me to use digital because it is cost efficient, requires no space (just a computer and internet), and I don't have to store tons of papers and embellishments--it's all on the computer. I can get caught up on all my past projects and create new projects in the fraction of the time I can with traditional. :D

silverstarstyle
08-17-2010, 06:36 AM
I am a Creative Memories Consultant and have been for 10 years, so I'm so use to the traditional scrapbooking, but now that digitals come along, you can actually still combine your love of traditional and new found love of digital scrapbooking!!!...all in the same album if you want!

I didn't use to like digital because I loved the more hands on of traditional scrapbooking, but I've learned that digital is here to stay and its not so bad..

daybreakscraps
09-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I am a former traditional scrapper. Now I am a digital scrapbook designer. I make and sell my own supplies in an online consignment store. It's a ton of fun and really helps me express my creative side. I wish I could say I'm making money but at this point I'm still building my biz LOL.

I do love SU!, especially the rubberstamps, I have a nice, large collection from when I used to demo for them.

Dawn

robynec
09-08-2010, 07:27 AM
It's digital all the way for me. Just a personal preference is all.

mjbblb
09-13-2010, 03:01 PM
For those of you that did switch to digital......Did you go to scrapbook conventions before and now don't?

janet444
10-24-2010, 04:02 PM
I think it's great that Stampin' Up offers both now! I tried scrapbooking, and thought I'd love it. But I'm not really crafty, and didn't hve the time, patience or organizational skills, lol.

I haven't tried the digital scrapbooking, but my best friend is a Stampin' Up demonstrator (also in metrowest MA, Bren) and I LOVE her digital scrapbooks! If I ever have the time, I think I'll work with her on making one!

Janet

robynec
04-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Wow just wanted to add that I have been divided by the traditional and the digital now.
After joining Close To My Heart I feel that having both is awesome. Can't go wrong either way and if you do one for awhile switch and get fresh feeling. I say two thumbs up for both:)

accents4you2
04-16-2011, 04:23 AM
My sister and I are both into scrapbooking. Our dad took our families on a great trip and we decided to make a digital book for him. It took a really long time because we were trying to incorporate 4 to 5 different sets of pictures (from different disks). It took us about 37 hours to upload the pictures, select the ones we wanted, select the backround, write the verbage-including a dedication page, song lyrics, etc.It was beautiful. Although we kept saving our work along the way, right as we were ready to place our order, it somehow got deleted. We were mortified. We both sat there looking at the screen with tears streaming down our face. We cried for a long time as it was a special gift for our dad and his birthday was in a couple of weeks. We called the company three times to see if somehow they could retrieve it and they couldn't.

Apparently it was a flaw in the program. Although we were going to try again, we just could never bring ourselves to starting all over. The whole thing was so stressful....

Traditional scrapbooking is so much more relaxing..and beautiful. The one plus I give digitial is that the books are so much thinner...and save space.

lorah
04-16-2011, 04:32 AM
Oh My Word! I am so sorry that happened to you. I would have been mortified as well. I'm sure that isn't the 'norm' with most digital scrapbooking experiences but I am so sorry it happened. I agree with you that traditional scrapbooking is relaxing. I would not enjoy digital as much but I am glad to see that there is a place for it. The goal with any scrapbooking adventure is to get the photos into a safe environment.

I LOVE Close to My Heart and wish I had the money to sign up with them again. I am starting my new photography business and it would be a GREAT fit. Maybe one day.............

robynec
04-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Just sent you a pm:)

robynec
04-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Oh wow that would make me extremely upset to accents.
So sorry that you went thru that and yes I can see why you would definetly perfer traditional scrapping.

accents4you2
04-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks Lorah and Robyn...Yes..it was very upsetting. I do have to say it wasn't a home-based scrapbooking company. It was one of those large, very popular companies. I wonder if there is any way other companies could have helped. At this point...I think I will still stick to traditional though.

Do you know if there are safe guards in place with DS companies?

Have a great day!

robynec
04-25-2011, 05:57 PM
accents I will look into this for you. I will contact you as soon as I get word of any safeguards. I have asked all I know and no one has had this experience so far.

ritastamps
05-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Another Stampin' Up! demo here.... and I love both! I am mostly a traditional girl, but it's nice to be able to do a quick page without pulling out all the supplies when i don't have the space. I used to have a whole craft room, but after moving I now only have part of the twins' closet and a couple drawers in the kitchen. :(

I will never go totally digi though.... I love crafting by hand way too much!

ritastamps
05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
My sister and I are both into scrapbooking. Our dad took our families on a great trip and we decided to make a digital book for him. It took a really long time because we were trying to incorporate 4 to 5 different sets of pictures (from different disks). It took us about 37 hours to upload the pictures, select the ones we wanted, select the backround, write the verbage-including a dedication page, song lyrics, etc.It was beautiful. Although we kept saving our work along the way, right as we were ready to place our order, it somehow got deleted. We were mortified. We both sat there looking at the screen with tears streaming down our face. We cried for a long time as it was a special gift for our dad and his birthday was in a couple of weeks. We called the company three times to see if somehow they could retrieve it and they couldn't.

Apparently it was a flaw in the program. Although we were going to try again, we just could never bring ourselves to starting all over. The whole thing was so stressful....

Traditional scrapbooking is so much more relaxing..and beautiful. The one plus I give digitial is that the books are so much thinner...and save space.

I hadn't noticed the 2nd page of this thread til I posted.... I am so sorry that happened to you :(
I can imagine how upsetting that was after all that work... Hugs!

robynec
05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I agree Rita. Love the digital but the hands on of traditional is just an awesome feeling once the project is completed. A balance of both for me.

lorah
05-13-2011, 02:42 AM
LOL I'm still not convinced. I am a hands on girl all the way! I know tons of people like it but I just can't get behind it. LOL I am glad that companies appeal to both areas though. I hope it always stays that way.

amyl177
05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
I love digital scrapbooking. I used to do just traditional but once I switched, I knew there was no looking back. My friends love that I do because they have more table space. When I come to scrap, I just bring my laptop while they spread out. Win-win!

However, I do still enjoy stamping my cards when I get my hands-on craft bug.

~Amy

accents4you2
05-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Hi ladies,

I'm the one who posted above about losing hours and hours of time while making, while attempting to make a digital scrapbook. I appreciate all the encouragement and "hugs"...very sweet of you all.

I just got back from a really neat trip..It was very unexpected...but really spectacular. I honestly thought when I got back I would give digital another try since I knew I would have a ton of photos. Well, while walking through the picture dept. on the ship I was on, I noticed a scrapbook pack with papers and beautiful embellishments designed specifically for the cruise, ports, and places we had visited. I just couldn't resist. (It isn't available anywhere else). After developing 744 pictures, I thought I should reconsider again and go digital. After looking at tickets, postcards, pamphlets, notes, etc. I realized there is no way I could add all the neat memorabilia to a digital book.

I thought maybe I could go digital with some of my other books...but I add so many other things to my son's school, sports, birthday, and Christmas albums. None of them are just photos.

So armed with 744 pictures, my scrapbook, and lots of neat paper and embellishments I am scrapping with a bunch of women for 12 hours tomorrow. Honestly, I am looking forward to working on it. I find it very relaxing. I honestly would rather work with all the supplies and photos then spend my day on a computer.

I do think there is a place for digital. I will probably attempt one somewhere down the road. I think they make great gifts when you just want to share pictures with someone and you don't have any thing else to add. I'm glad there are both options out there..but I don't think I will ever be able to say goodbye to traditional scrapbooking. It is just too much fun.

I've been known to stay awake at night planning out my pages...sometimes I even plan my wardrobe to match paper and embellishments I want to use...

Glad companies have both options...Happy scrappin'
Hope you all get a chance to "scrap" this weekend!

robynec
05-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Oh wow Rebeca I wish I could be there to scrap to.
Sounds like alot of fun. AND a cruise to you go girl. I completely agree all the frills and lace is just too much fun to not be able to play with LOL.
Have fun and let us know how it goes:)

Ohiomom
05-30-2011, 02:03 PM
There is also something new people are doing and that is combining traditional scrapbooking WITH digital. It's called "Hybrid" Scrapbooking. That is adding all of your keepsakes right onto your digital page. You can either do that or do some digital pages, some traditional, etc.

You can also use a scanner to get momentos into the digital scrap page.

Just some thoughts. . . .

accents4you2
06-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh wow Rebeca I wish I could be there to scrap to.
Sounds like alot of fun. AND a cruise to you go girl. I completely agree all the frills and lace is just too much fun to not be able to play with LOL.
Have fun and let us know how it goes:)

Thanks Robin...
Well I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, but it was fun. I only completed 14 pages, but I'll be going back in a couple of weeks. We meet once a month. It is great...I look forward to it every month. My hubby and son are going to be gone for 3 days this week..so I'm gonna have fun scrapping..can't wait.

What more could I ask for? No fancy meals, no getting clothes ready, no being pulled in a thousand directions...I'm so gonna miss them..lol..

Have fun,
Rebeca

robynec
06-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Sounds like a blast Rebeca and 14 pages is really good IMO. Takes me alittle while to do a good one.

WAHMInSoCal
07-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Oh Yes, I love the Stampin' Up! Digital.
But I also enjoy the traditional way as well.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1