WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Favorite Season And Why?

KeishaWilliams
02-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Mine is definitely Spring/Summer.

I'm one of those that suffers badly from that depression you get during the wintertime.

It's weird...I lived in WA state from the 5th grade til I got married, and the weather there is mild..lots of rain (well western WA is)...so you'd think I'd be used to the cold.

But preferences changed as I got older, we are now in Germany (and it's COLD COLD COLD), but we are moving to TX and I would do anything to be somewhere where sun is plentiful.

I'd rather complain about how hot it is than how cold I am....not to mention colors seem brighter, everyone seems less moody, you have more motivation to do stuff, it's beautiful when it's blue skies, birds chirping, warm weather, smell of freshly cut grass on a sunny days, hearing kids outside enjoying themselves...I could go on....I sound like I'm in lala land...but when you are in COLD weather for the past 6 years....it takes it's toll on folks that hate it lol....anyway, what is yours?

MommyandMe
03-01-2010, 05:35 PM
As it relates to the weather I do love the summer. However, I love the festivity of the Christmas season just not the coldness.

skcandles
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Fall. I love the colours and the crisp weather

jjsmommy02038
03-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Summer! I can't wait for the long days and warmth.

gaspsngiggles
03-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Spring! Perfect weather. not too hot and not too cold. Althought spring lasts for about a week in Reno, then it's hot hot summer!

andr117
03-04-2010, 06:52 AM
I won't even hesitate to answer, that's definitely spring!
Especially the first grass, flowers, leaves, birds singing

seattlejan
03-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm one of those that suffers badly from that depression you get during the wintertime.

It's weird...I lived in WA state from the 5th grade til I got married, and the weather there is mild..lots of rain (well western WA is)...so you'd think I'd be used to the cold.

That's funny, Lakeisha (well, not the depression part) :). I suffer from the exact opposite. I know it's weird, but too much sun and heat seriously drag me down. It might be partly due to the fact that I get migraines and sun glinting off all the surfaces can be a trigger.

I live in Seattle, and I actually moved here partly because of the weather. Rain puts a smile on my face, and a nice, cool, cloudy day is perfection, imo. So I'd have to say spring and fall. Except September's usually too darn hot here. Right now it's perfect. Partly cloudy, about 55, slight breeze.

-Jan

Capmaster
03-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Summer. It gets over 100 here, but with 8% relative humidity it's not bad. Far better than the 90 degrees/90% humidity where I was born and raised. That's like torture :eek:

Stephanie Ann
03-09-2010, 04:09 AM
Autumn for me. I just love the trees turning and the crisp weather. Go Huskers! (that's the other fall thing).;)

LoveLoveParties
03-09-2010, 07:11 AM
I was born on the first day of summer... I'm a total summer baby!

Susan777
03-10-2010, 02:36 AM
Spring because it is when everything is renewed. It reminds me of new beginnings.

Yoli TRUTH
03-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Love, Love, Love the Summertime! :)

justkima
03-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Fall, for sure! You can just tell when the air turns. I love the cool, crisp air, the beautifully colored leaves and the crunching sound as I walk through the woods. I love football games and bonfires. It's just a great time of year!

Fall, is followed closely by spring though, as I love when the birds start singing and the buds start popping out on the trees. I can open my windows and let the fresh air in.

KeishaWilliams
03-12-2010, 05:08 PM
That's funny, Lakeisha (well, not the depression part) :). I suffer from the exact opposite. I know it's weird, but too much sun and heat seriously drag me down. It might be partly due to the fact that I get migraines and sun glinting off all the surfaces can be a trigger.

I live in Seattle, and I actually moved here partly because of the weather. Rain puts a smile on my face, and a nice, cool, cloudy day is perfection, imo. So I'd have to say spring and fall. Except September's usually too darn hot here. Right now it's perfect. Partly cloudy, about 55, slight breeze.

-Jan

Hi Jan, that is funny!! LOL I miss Seattle, my hubby and I used to do the ferry thing and the Fish Market over there on Pike...good times.

Funny, my mother is the same way, she is in Olympia and LOVES the dark gray clouds and rain. lol

Seeking
03-19-2010, 09:40 PM
spring, because everything smells good!

TeachYourChild2Read
03-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Winter used to be my favorite season. Then we moved to an area that was a bit more lush and green. Now I love Spring. I love to walk down the street and hear the birds chirping, see the flowers in bloom, and feel the warmth of the sun on my face. I love going by the ocean in the spring time. Sometimes it feels so surreal. :D

AprioriCandy
03-26-2010, 03:19 PM
It's autumn! I love the cool, crisp nights and mornings, getting the blankets out to cuddle up in, and everything apples: cider, pie, crisp, bread, and apple butter!

jenryan9278
04-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Im torn. I love the Christmas spirit everyone usually has but I hate the cold cold weather. I love spring time and love going to the beach. ( used to didnt but now I live in Florida... :))

So I guess I would have to say SPring, and Fall. The colors of both are amazing and love the not to hot,not to cold weather!

Cleona V
04-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I have the same problem with winter depression along with joint pains and coughing. Once it gets warmer all of that goes away. I love summer the most. For me, it's better to be hot that be cold. The problem i have with spring and fall is allergy.

cleona.

wmhammons
04-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Spring, all things are made new

BarbB
04-02-2010, 08:12 AM
FALL - absolutely love the colors and the temperature. Love to take drives to the Virginia mountains to see the beauty.

Renee H
04-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm in Florida, so there aren't many differences in the seasons here. We basically have cold, hot and hotter. And, of course, my definition of cold is probably a bit different than everyone else.

If I had to choose, I would pick Spring because it means that things are starting to warm up again. And, while I don't like the HOT summers here, I really don't like COLD weather. The cold is somehow able to work its way down into my bones :eek:

ContentQueen
04-06-2010, 03:58 AM
For me, in Sydney, it has to be Autumn (which is now :) )

Winter is too cold as there is no heating in most of the homes.
Spring is too stormy and wet and just too unpredictable
Summer can get way too hot, to the point where you just feel like melting and the humidity is really high.

Autumn - the ground and air is still warm from the summer but the days and nights are just perfect temperature and there's not too much in the way of rain.

maverickguy
04-13-2010, 09:44 AM
is the best because its hot and I'd rather be hot than cold. You can also sweat which is much better than freezing or being cold. Plus there's lots of warm sunshine.....

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1