WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Trade Show this weekend!

littlescotia
01-28-2010, 09:03 AM
This weekend I'm doing a trade show, and I'm pretty excited about it. It's been a while since I've done a show, and I love love love talking to all the people. My table always is a magnet for anyone who's ever used Watkins, and I love hearing the stories.

It's interesting how all the sales force from years and years and YEARS ago have done so much work for ME. Seriously, it makes me wonder who I should thank for the business, because those people ALWAYS order a Medicated Ointment or want a Vanilla. Thanks to a Watkins man who pounded the pavement and did such hard work. We've got it easy :)

My booth will have stock on it (because I always have some) but I'm primarily going to be looking for new associates. I have lots of order forms on hand, though, and will be taking credit cards as well as cheques and cash for payment.

The HARDEST part of these things for me is the setting up and taking down. It's a real hassle for me to get it set up to look right, and NOTHING ever seems to fit back in the bins the way they came out (despite selling so much right off the table.)

Any one else doing any trade shows soon??? What are your favourite and least favourite things about them.

bianca5454
01-29-2010, 03:18 AM
Good Luck! I know you will do well - great time of year to do a show.

Take some pics of your table, etc. and share! Keep us posted! :)

littlescotia
02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
The show was STRANGE! There was VERY little turn out.. and by that I mean, for a show that was supposed to be filled, it had about 40 people actually show..and 50 vendors!!! The vendors all browsed around too (because it was so quiet) and I had a friend with me, so it went pretty quickly.

I made one connection with a woman my age who used to be an associate, and was interested again... and a handful of people remembered watkins and took flyers, filled out the draw cards (which are my way of being able to call them back, and connect with them again.) Many people who filled them out said they were interested in getting catalogues, and one or two were even interested in parties.(Which I don't normally do, but I WILL.)

Some of the vendors were complaining, but there was a DJ booth there and my friend and I kept laughing and dancing with some of the other vendors, and keeping our energy up. Because even the other vendors might be a potential customer or new associate.

I DID however have a new associate join today, unrelated to the show.. but I like to think she's my karma payback from the $$ I put out on such a quiet show.

:)

The Watkins Man
02-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Good luck.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1