WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

christyvw2004
01-12-2010, 04:14 PM

Uppercase Living coming to Canada!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just annouced today--so exciting. I am so sure you will all love it. And with our $70 discount on kits thru Feb 24th now is a great time to think about joining up....
Uppercase Living is Going International: Canada Opens March 1, 2010!

As demand for Uppercase Living products and the opportunity to become a Demonstrator is ever increasing, we are pleased to announce that we are going international! Beginning March 1, 2010, Canada will be open for business! We are so excited to provide Demonstrators with this fantastic opportunity to grow and develop their business. New Demonstrators in Canada can begin signing up as soon as February 1 and can place orders beginning March 1, when business opens officially.

International expansion offers incredible opportunities for those already seasoned here in the US to tap into a brand new market where demand is high and supply is low. Expansion also adds to the credibility of our business opportunity and will help influence potential new recruits in the US as well as in Canada. Moving forward, we anticipate expansion will also facilitate future innovations and enhancements for all of Uppercase Living.

We expect the transition into Canada to be a smooth and simple one, since almost everything will function essentially the same as it does in the US. Business in Canada will be conducted in US dollars, and Canadian Demonstrators will order from the same catalog, use US pricing, enjoy the same compensation and commission structures, and access the same version of UL Express. In addition, Demonstrators will be able to recruit and continue to build one team with members from both the US and Canada. This kind of cross-border recruiting is a unique opportunity and a huge advantage as you work to expand your business.

Please email me if you have any questions.

reddress
01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
If business is to be conducted in US dollars, what are they goign to be using for an exchange rate? Will the company follow the exchange every day or will it be a fixed rate? If it is a fixed rate, what is it? If it is not fixed, will it be up to each demonstrator/consultant to keep up with the exchange rate every day and then do all the math to convert CDN to US when our customers would like to pay with cheque or cash? OR will they avoid all this by only allowing Canadians to pay with credit card which then alienates a large part of the client base?

Will consultants be paid in US dollars as well? How does this work with our taxes? Will it count as "out of country" income if everything is done through the US?

christyvw2004
01-13-2010, 12:57 PM
All very good questions. I am taking it you are asking from a "canadian" perspective and will try and get the answers for you. As that this is a new annoucement, I know more information will become available in the next couple of weeks.
As for the tax question I am not familiar with your system but would think some of it is somewhat similiar--meaning we are all Independent consultants---so the main thing would be the conversion factor--maybe the value of the canadian dollar on when they pay you---not sure on the % we keep on closing an open house though.
All fair questions--I will update when I have more info.

reddress
01-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Yes, my questions are from a Canadian perspective. Thanks for looking into it for me.

christyvw2004
01-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Here is what I got for an immediate reply to your questions.
"All orders and commissions are to be paid in US Dollars. The exchange rate can fluctuate on a daily basis and will be based upon what the rate is on the date that the order is placed so we do recommend that the Canadian Demonstrators submit their orders as soon as they can after collecting the payments for their orders. We understand also that this rate does fluctuate normally in small increments and may sometimes be to the Demonstrators advantage. This being said, it would be up to them to check the exchange rate for the customers paying by cheque or cash and we believe that the Demonstrator living in Canada will be quite familiar with this process. As for tax reporting we do believe it would be better for the Demonstrators to consult a tax advisor on this issue whether being a Canadian or American Demonstrator."
Hope this answers some of your questions. This is really a great opportunity for a whole new market--sign up starts on Feb 1st--what fun to be one of the first consultants in not only your area-but your COUNTRY. Excited for all you gals up North.

christyvw2004
01-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Enrollment begins on the first of February. Be on of the first in your area/country and even start building a team and qualify for some bonus the company is offering to help Kick-off our entrance to a whole new area.

christyvw2004
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
So today is the day we launch in Canada..Did anyone take the plunge?? Not to late..

reddress
04-25-2010, 02:32 PM
So today is the day we launch in Canada..Did anyone take the plunge?? Not to late..

I took the plunge, and it has been awesome! Since March 1, 5 people have joined my team, I have been promoted to Senior Demonstrator, I had over $2600 in sales, and I have earned over $500 in free product and supply credits!! Uppercase Living is exploding in Canada! If anyone is interested in information from a Canadian perspective, please contact me using the link in my signature!

christyvw2004
04-26-2010, 06:41 PM
So good to hear how its going for you Kristy. Great to hear how its going in Canada-which providence are you in?

reddress
04-27-2010, 01:14 PM
So good to hear how its going for you Kristy. Great to hear how its going in Canada-which providence are you in?

I am in Manitoba. :)

christyvw2004
04-28-2010, 08:08 PM
O just up the road...lol. I am down by Fargo, ND. You could come and visit us next week for our Road Trip with Jarod (or whomever is doing it). If not I am sure they will be doing some up in your neck of the woods in the future. How about are you able to make it to convention---I am planning on signing up May 1st... I am planning on driving to Mpls and then hopping on the bus---you could always hitch a ride.

reddress
04-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the Road Trip invite. They are actually coming to Canada at the end of May - a great chance for Canadians to check out this new product and get an amazing sign up deal! Unfortunately I already had a party booked for the day they will be in the city close to me. :( As for convention - I will not be making it this year, but I'm already saving for next year!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1