WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Gonna Do It!

lorah
12-20-2009, 04:27 AM
I am very excited! I am currently a 'junior' consultant with Close to My Heart. Meaning I didn't make my minimums. BUT! In January, I am going to start working this as a REAL business. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow but when I get back I will start planning my Open House Workshop and other events! It's going to take some time because I am going to have to buy new product to demo, but I really feel good about this and I am looking forward to it so very much!

ZachMadsMom
01-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Best of luck to you!

SimplyWriting
01-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Good luck Lora! I too fell to junior status awhile back and recently went back into active full consultant mode. I think life just gets in the way sometimes no matter how much we wish it wouldn't.

I hope your business truly grows this year for you!

lorah
01-13-2010, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the encouraging words, however, it isn't looking so good for me right now. My washer went out, my fridge went out, pipes have frozen yada yada yada. Every time I take one step forward, I get knocked three back! Hoping it works out, but at this point I'm not so sure. UGH

Lora

ZachMadsMom
01-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Trying not to sound bad, but why let those things stop you from building a business? Those should be reasons to build it even more, to help you pay for those instances. Sure those are frustrating and time consuming things to deal with.But you can still build your business.

Sit down, look at what it's going to take to get started again. Do you need to hold classes, parties, etc? Schedule a re-kicking off your business event. Speak with your upline and find out what she suggests. Most companies do a good January incentive for hosts and clients. Is CTMH? It's a great time to contact people to start with their Christmas pictures or to make Valentines.

I know you can do this!!!

lorah
01-17-2010, 04:43 AM
Hi Wendy,
Your ideas are good in theory, however, the money I had been saving to start my business again now has to go to the other stuff. I don't even have current idea books to take catalog orders! I have no current products to share, nothing. I had planned on doing an Open House of sorts, but now the money is gone. It's not completely dashed, just gonna take me longer to get there. And I had another consultant offer to send me a catalog and it never came, so I have been trying.......
Lora

ZachMadsMom
01-18-2010, 06:50 AM
What about your sponsor? Can you borrow some of the new stuff from her? I totally understand having limited resources for supplies.

lorah
01-21-2010, 04:10 AM
Hi Wendy,
My sponsor is no longer with the company and my upline is no where even remotely close to me. I know of absolutely no one that is close to me that would share supplies. And it's not for lack of trying. I have emailed, called and just about hassled everyone I can think of that might know and I never get an answer. It's always "I'll get back to you" and they never do. Hmmm, maybe I ought to look for another company? LOL

Lora

ZachMadsMom
01-22-2010, 05:59 AM
I am so sorry that your upline support isn't there. That is so frustrating for someone that wants to make their business work. I fully believe that direct sales can be a success for people. I hope that you are able to make it work for you.

lorah
01-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Thank you Wendy,
I appreciate it. I'm sure there is something out there for me.

Lora

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1